No announcement yet.

Superior Drummer 3....is it coming?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I had a company owned laptop the security was so high I couldn't of connected a portable drive let alone install a VST on it. Besides, it was a very slow POS anyway.
    "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

• I was in similar boat, only have a 256GB SSD as my laptop HDD.

I bought a USB Samsung 500GB T5 SSD drive to store all the SD3 components/libraries and for when I get SDX expansions, etc. I hook it up to the USB 3.1 (Type-C) port on my laptop and kits only take 5-6 seconds to load.
      Live Rig: Mimic Pro | PD-105X/125X pads | CY-15R's | VH-11 | DIY 13" Snare + 16" Kick | MDS-9V rack | Turbosound iQ12 + iQ15B
      Studio Rig: TD-12 w/ SD 3.0 | Pearl ePro DIY full kit | CY-15R + PCY-135/155's | VH-11 | MDS-20 rack | ATH-M40x phones

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNealy View Post
        I was in similar boat, only have a 256GB SSD as my laptop HDD.

I bought a USB Samsung 500GB T5 SSD drive to store all the SD3 components/libraries and for when I get SDX expansions, etc. I hook it up to the USB 3.1 (Type-C) port on my laptop and kits only take 5-6 seconds to load.
        Good to know, thanks!

Anybody have an estimate on the time to load for a standard hard drive? If its 10 seconds i don' think i would mind but if its like 30 seconds or something then would want it to be faster.

Just wondering because with expansions coming out already, if i get SD3 and one SDX its already 300 GB full. I would probably want to keep buying SDX libraries to collect sounds even though i wouldn't use half of them ,i have to have them all

Comment

• Originally posted by 96max5sp View Post
          Anybody have an estimate on the time to load for a standard hard drive? If its 10 seconds i don' think i would mind but if its like 30 seconds or something then would want it to be faster.
          It all depends on the kit size, which and how many articulations are used, etc.
          A standard kit loads in about 30 seconds but the larger ones like the Bob Rock presets for example take longer.
          Last edited by scheinriese; 11-07-17, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by scheinriese View Post

It all depends on the kit size, which and how many articulations are used, etc.
            A standard kit loads in about 30 seconds but the larger ones like the Bob Rock presets for example take longer.
            Ok, thanks for the info. I might just suck it up and go for the SSD.

Comment

• Originally posted by 96max5sp View Post

Ok, thanks for the info. I might just suck it up and go for the SSD.
              You won't be disappointed! Platter HDDs will soon find their way like the dinosaur and 3.5" floppy disks. SSDs and Flash memory are the way to go.
              Live Rig: Mimic Pro | PD-105X/125X pads | CY-15R's | VH-11 | DIY 13" Snare + 16" Kick | MDS-9V rack | Turbosound iQ12 + iQ15B
              Studio Rig: TD-12 w/ SD 3.0 | Pearl ePro DIY full kit | CY-15R + PCY-135/155's | VH-11 | MDS-20 rack | ATH-M40x phones

Comment

• Superior Drummer 3 update is available:

https://www.toontrack.com/forum/foru...now-available/
                Pearl Mimic Pro; Hart Dynamics Pro 6.4 (Chrome); VH-13; CY-15R; CY-14C (x4); Kit Toys China; CY-5; BT-1
                TD-50 => Superior Drummer 3; PD-140DS; PDX-100(x4); VH-12; CY-18DR; CY-12C(x4); Hart Dynamics China and Splash; Pintech CKV and 6" Bar Trigger

Comment

• Originally posted by super_freak View Post
                  Superior Drummer 3 update is available:

https://www.toontrack.com/forum/foru...now-available/
                  Thanks!

BTW - anyone know if there's a way to disable the constant save prompts? I get this every time I switch kits, regardless of whether or not I've made any changes. It's really annoying.

Comment

• Yea it's annoying to me too, haven't figured out a way to prevent.

Official list as well for 3.0.3
                    https://www.toontrack.com/faq/releas...-drummer-3-0-3

Comment

Working...
                    X