Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland td25 or td12 decision help for triggering vst only?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had bought the RME 9632 for 120 euros on 2nd hand, works awesome if you have a desktop computer.
    TD-12, A2E drum, R-Drum trigger (snare and kick), Triggera Intrigg (toms), Drum-tec Design,, Roland & Yamaha cymbals, Roc-N-Soc Nitro, Pearl Eliminator Redline (+ Trick drive shaft) / PC : Asus P8Z68, I5 2550K, 8 Go ram, RME HDSP 9632 interface.

Comment

see above!

It sounds better and is faster than any roland modul via usb using vst.

I.e. Rme´s midi in is connected old school with the roland midi out, no usb involved, this performes superior!

IMHO the only reliable way to get vst drumming clearly under 8ms (whole drumming chain) besides Zoom tac2r thunderbolt.

Get youself a good radial DI, add guitar and bass, jam and record at home with other people with almost no latency!

Also rme´s mixer (total mix) is way superior to other competitors.

You can also add additional in and outs for cheap via optical (adat/spdif), this does not sacrifice performance.
      Last edited by Ribot; 05-11-17, 04:08 PM.
      New system: I5 Asus, Asus P8Z77, Old system (same! latency with RME AIO and 44,1khz), TD30, Vh13, Drum Tec pro pads, BFD2, RME AIO, Asus P5B using XP, UAD Quad, Platinum Samples: Jim Scott, Baressi, Andy Johns, Taiko, Gretsch Kit, Henry Hirsch, 8bit Kit, Percussion, XLF, Modern Drummer Snares, Deluxe, Yamaha Oak, Absolute, BFD Snares, Battery, Cubase, Bias

Comment

Has anyone had a td11 and 12 to compare?
        Would the td11 trigger just as good as a td12 in terms of dynamics, swells, rolls, etc.? Or better because it's newer with Supernatural tech. Does the td11 allow 1\4 1\2 hi hat sounds in a vst? My old 562k did not and I hated it.
        Last edited by tinyT1m7; 05-13-17, 11:35 PM.

Comment

As far as I experienced there is an improvement concerning the trigger quality with Roland newer modul.
          The Td 30 is improving even the old vh11 a bit.

But i do not know td25.....probably slightly better performance vs td12.

that said the sample packs are also performing quite differently.
          bfd3 playing favorites: Henry Hirsch, Peter Erskine, Black Album, Rock legends, Evil Drums.
          Be sure to tweak the trigger sensitivity settings, they differ vastly from 2-5 on pads and 5-11 on cymbals.
          Check linear and spline trigger behavior.

Connected with above mentioned computer sound interfaces this is the best right now,
          fostex 610 ist the best way to hear the outcome.

I am not impressed by the new pearl videos, nothing special.

Last edited by Ribot; 05-14-17, 01:59 AM.
          New system: I5 Asus, Asus P8Z77, Old system (same! latency with RME AIO and 44,1khz), TD30, Vh13, Drum Tec pro pads, BFD2, RME AIO, Asus P5B using XP, UAD Quad, Platinum Samples: Jim Scott, Baressi, Andy Johns, Taiko, Gretsch Kit, Henry Hirsch, 8bit Kit, Percussion, XLF, Modern Drummer Snares, Deluxe, Yamaha Oak, Absolute, BFD Snares, Battery, Cubase, Bias

Comment

Working...
          X