A question about possibly loading VST into the Alesis Strike Pro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about possibly loading VST into the Alesis Strike Pro

We all know that Alesis is saying that we'll be able to load VSTs into the strike module, we'll see if we ever get that functionality....

My questions is this...

The only reason I would buy something like EZDrummer or any VST is to load to the Strike. Could I just buy an expansion pack to do this? When you buy just an expansion pack do you get all the WAV files along with it? It seems like I wouldn't need to buy any software, just an expansion so I could use the samples. Would this work?

Originally posted by thebigzw View Post
    We all know that Alesis is saying that we'll be able to load VSTs into the strike module, we'll see if we ever get that functionality....

My questions is this...

The only reason I would buy something like EZDrummer or any VST is to load to the Strike. Could I just buy an expansion pack to do this? When you buy just an expansion pack do you get all the WAV files along with it? It seems like I wouldn't need to buy any software, just an expansion so I could use the samples. Would this work?
    The wav are not available as playable format, you need software like sdse to resample them and automatic with a single click, you need the main vst program engine to run sdse, outside the expansion pack added later. Strike kit is limited to 40 wav per instruments, some vst are using more with round robin or only layers, with strike if you use 20 layers, you can have 2 round robin for each layers 20x2 , if you use 10 layers, you can have 4 round robin each layers, 10x4... I am not sure how this will going to be with strike kit and the vst conversion, depend on each vst used, how many layers they are using each etc..
    Last edited by Chris K; 04-14-17, 11:42 PM.
    Regards
    Chris K

DW Collector Drum, Roland TD-15\VST Powered, Spd-SX, Yamaha Pmc1 midi brain

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by thebigzw View Post
        Thanks
        editor, here as preview http://jaygraphicdesign.com/portfolio-strike.html
        Last edited by Chris K; 04-16-17, 01:35 PM.
        Regards
        Chris K

Comment

Chris, the link doesn't work brother.
          Roland TD-30KV, DW, Pearl Hardware & Big Foot Trick Pedals, QSC K10x2, Logic Pro, Toontrack Superior Drummer, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre Thunderbolt Interface

Comment

Originally posted by Rushfan74 View Post
            Chris, the link doesn't work brother.
            They removed, I think he was not allowed to show, this is why, here the cached one below lol, the latest design is Current software design and current hardware screens near the bottom page, forget all previous screenshots was attempts\test design.. http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us
            Last edited by Chris K; 04-19-17, 10:49 PM.
            Regards
            Chris K

Comment

Working...
            X