United Heavy - new ADPak for Addictive Drums 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United Heavy - new ADPak for Addictive Drums 2

Not bad at all for all hard hitting drummers out there!

Have s listening at:
    https://www.xlnaudio.com/products/adpak/united_heavy

Best Regards

angr77/ www.zourman.com / Roland hi-hat conversion modules for 2box
    Sonor Force Stage 2007 and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14,15R,12CR,RT-10S&K,2xBT-1,VH-11,-12,-13 & KD-10, Quartz Triggers, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera 2x D14,D11, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 1.30.3, Addictive Drums 2.1.7. All ADpaks, Win10 on Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Mackie PA, Zourman HH Conv Kit. www.zourman.com

Has a little bit larger sound on the Toms and they lack there to begin with.. I wish they would make their samples more high quality as I think this is the easiest and best interface to use / interchange kit pieces .
    Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
    Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
    Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

Nice guitar riffs
      Robert

Comment

Some of the presets sound like an improvement compared to other adpaks. The drums have a much more full and punchy sound. A lot of the adpaks are thin sounding and not as suited for harder rock. Not sure if worth purchasing as I have so many libraries as it is. My fav library is progressive foundry sdx.

Comment

After have played around with the new Heavy United ADPak for a couple of hours...I can just say that the 24" Pork Pie Kick in the kit sounds absolutely fantastic - There is also a 22" included..but my favorite is the 24". The rare snare from Zildijan is not bad at all either- very punchy! They have done terrific job on the Zildijan Cymbals. A very nice Zildijan Ping ride is now included and the Zildijan HH Quick Beat do also fit my purposes just perfect. The ADPak seems be about 683MB big in size...

ANGR77 / Zourman.com

Sonor Force Stage 2007 and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14,15R,12CR,RT-10S&K,2xBT-1,VH-11,-12,-13 & KD-10, Quartz Triggers, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera 2x D14,D11, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 1.30.3, Addictive Drums 2.1.7. All ADpaks, Win10 on Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Mackie PA, Zourman HH Conv Kit. www.zourman.com

Comment

Well I ended up getting this adpak and it's my fav addictive drums adpak yet. The drums and cymbals all sound great and very useable right away. I def recommend this library

Comment

Can anyone do a closed hi hat demo? My other AD packs have too much machine gunning on closed hi hat. This one looks like it could be good.

Comment

Im on the fence with this, It does sound a bit thicker and better than all the others but Im still afraid it will have that same " thin " sound all of their samples do when I get it and it will be shelved with the others I dont play, I only use the hats and rides combined with my other VST's

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
                  Can anyone do a closed hi hat demo? My other AD packs have too much machine gunning on closed hi hat. This one looks like it could be good.
                  Peter, is there any special request/needs regarding doing a closed hi hat demo that you are looking for?

best regards

Angr77

Comment

Originally posted by angr77 View Post

Peter, is there any special request/needs regarding doing a closed hi hat demo that you are looking for?

best regards

Angr77
                    Hey Angr77, I dont hear any good ride playing samples in the demos only the bell. Is the ride a ping or is it more of a crash ride ? The hats have a nice sound to them..

Comment

Originally posted by angr77 View Post

best regards

Angr77
                      Closed 16th note disco /world beat type playing would be great with tip and edge. It is the one thing that most VST's are bad at. Also Stewart Copeland /Manu Katche type hi hat. VST's have evolved snare drums really well but I am always surprised at the lack of samples for closed hi hat. The open hi hat usually sounds fine to me.

Comment

This is from one take just messing around. I assigned side stick on snare and some hits were triggering instead of rim shot....(can't wait to get TD-50 w/pd-140ds)

https://soundcloud.com/drumstr/ad2-united-heavy-demo-1

https://soundcloud.com/drumstr/ad2-united-heavy-demo-2

https://soundcloud.com/drumstr/ad2-united-heavy-demo-3
                        Last edited by drumlab84; 01-13-17, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drumlab84 View Post
                          This is from one take just messing around. I assigned side stick on snare and some hits were triggering instead of rim shot....(can't wait to get pd-140ds)
                          I wasn't able to open it. It might have to be bounced to MP3?

Comment

Hi!
                            YZF125: The 22" Zildijan Ping Ride...is a ping ride...just a bell sound over it all with some variations + positional sensing. (Could be a bit light if you only have this package)
                            https://www.dropbox.com/s/26761uh6fr...gRide.wav?dl=0

Peter: Some hihat examples:
                            https://www.dropbox.com/s/oru1ewooeb...hihat.wav?dl=0
                            https://www.dropbox.com/s/thfx70ojye...ihat2.wav?dl=0

All files have just been dragged out from AD2 to wave format. (A standard function in AD2)

I just saw that there was a Pork Pie Snare included in the package,,,I only thought it was Zildijan Snare included...but there was a Pork Pie Snare...that was a nice experience. :-)

Best Regards

Angr77 / Zourman.com
                            Last edited by angr77; 01-13-17, 04:47 PM.

Comment

I just listened the presets in AD2 Adpak explorer and compared those to my previous favorites from several Adpaks. I must say this is definitely the best sounding Adpak so far! I really hope the playability is also good.

Comment

Working...
                              X