hear my hitting cymbals while using EZdrummer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hear my hitting cymbals while using EZdrummer

When i'm using Ez2 ( any VST) i suddenly hear more louder my hitting on v-cymbals ( like Ride , HiHAT )

It does' t happen while using the module sound

Have you notice about it like me ?

Any idea ????

Comment

Increased latency is no longer obscuring the stick noise?

The dynamics are greater on the VST, and the same velocities are quiet compared to your module?

Turn the volume up?

Adjust the trigger curves?

Really hard to say with such little information.
      ♦ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ♦ MegaDRUM + Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ♦ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ♦ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring
      Community Drum Module Document
      PA Comparison sheet (wip)

Comment

Do you mean the the cymbal volume is louder? Every VST has to be adjusted to your kit. There might be a Roland or Edrums preset.

Comment

No i'm saying that you now sound the hitting on the cymbels pad even when the volume is loud , it's not like that when you play the sound of the vdrums!! Only from ezdrummer

Comment

Originally posted by tass11 View Post
            No i'm saying that you now sound the hitting on the cymbels pad even when the volume is loud , it's not like that when you play the sound of the vdrums!! Only from ezdrummer
            In my experience, most of the cymbals of the Roland module are much brighter (and louder in many cases) than the cymbals of EZDrummer2, so you end up hitting the cymbal pads harder to compensate. There's an easy correction for this. Simply select the individual cymbal pads in EZD2 and from there you can increase the volume (and pitch if you'd like).

Hope this helps.
            TD-25 and TD-11 triggering VSTs (SD 2.3, SSD4, EZDrummer2), DIY drums with Quartz and Pintech triggers, Handsonic HPD-20, JBL Eon 515XT

Comment

I did all the cymbels volumes increasing that i can !
              Now i see that i'm not the only one

Comment

Originally posted by tass11 View Post
                I did all the cymbels volumes increasing that i can !
                Now i see that i'm not the only one
                Your volume level is in max on your windows sound cards? also you can use inexpensive mixer to amplifies the DB which could potentially broke your ears if too much loud ;-)
                Last edited by Chris K; 01-06-17, 04:16 AM.
                Regards
                Chris K

DW Collector Drum, Roland TD-15\VST Powered, Spd-SX, Yamaha Pmc1 midi brain

Comment

How are you listening to Ezdrummer? Could there be an open mic in your interface?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
                    How are you listening to Ezdrummer? Could there be an open mic in your interface?
                    I agree. Unless there is an open mic in the chain, the sound of hitting the cyms/pads should be entirely absent from any headphone feed or recording.

If the kit is being reproduced by speakers (no headphones) in real time, the sound of the pads being struck will be audible unless the volume is high enough to mask it - which is the case regardless of whether the sound comes from the internal banks or VST. The only other factor to consider would be the possibility of additional latency with a VST setup...
                    Last edited by CobaltSky; 01-07-17, 03:29 AM.
                    TD-50KV extended kit with DW pedals and stands. Additional Roland mesh pads and cyms, plus TD-9 'sidecar' for additional triggers and sound layering.

Comment

So...
                      I'm using the same Roland RH300 headphone also with the module
                      and also with the EZ ....

both of them i'm using the TD30 headphone jack

Comment

Originally posted by CobaltSky View Post

I agree. Unless there is an open mic in the chain, the sound of hitting the cyms/pads should be entirely absent from any headphone feed or recording.
                        I agree. There should be no sound of the cymbals being hit sent into the headphone feed. He's most likely just hearing the acoustic sound of hitting the rubber cymbals making its way around his headphones into his ears. The headphones can't eliminate that sound entirely. It's not a perfect seal. (As I mentioned above in my experience EZD2 cymbals "sit in the mix" differently than Roland's stock kits and are simply softer.)

The ways to minimize hearing the cymbal (or pads for that matter) acoustic striking noise is:
                        Hit the cymbals more softly.
                        Turn up the individual cymbals in EZD2
                        Turn up the the overall sound.
                        Use over the ear headphones such as these: https://www.amazon.com/Vic-Firth-Ste...rth+headphones

Personally to save your ears over time, you're better off with sound isolating headphones and not turning up too loud. Take it from a 52 year old, who has lost 50% of my hearing to playing acoustic drums. Not good.

TD-25 and TD-11 triggering VSTs (SD 2.3, SSD4, EZDrummer2), DIY drums with Quartz and Pintech triggers, Handsonic HPD-20, JBL Eon 515XT

Comment

TNX Friends

Comment

Working...
                          X