Playing samples

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing samples

Hey guys, I've been reading the forum for a few days now..still shady about what I am trying to do. I understand in superior drummer I can't load my own samples (.wav) to use. I bought this sample pack http://jasonrichardson.bigcartel.com...um-sample-pack and I really just want to be able to play my Roland td30 and hear those sounds instead of the default ones or the super drummer sounds. How can I do that? I'm also confused about these triggering devices such as tm2 or the other one that states you can load your own samples on and input it to the Roland module. Could I just buy that and load my wavs in and connect it to the Roland td30 and have essentially the custom samples all there ??

You can't import samples into a Roland module.

You our may be able to with a 2Box module, You would need to head over the 2Box forum to confirm.

or you could do it using a computer and a DAW.
    DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH Kit Pix

My new venture: voglosounds.com

Comment

You could get a SPD-SX and load and play samples with that.
      Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
      Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
      Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

What if I got a tm2? Would I be able to use samples for all my triggers through my module ? And do they automatically have velocity and dynamics so they sound real or is there a way to do that with multiple velocity files in tm2?

Comment

Originally posted by Jrella View Post
          What if I got a tm2? Would I be able to use samples for all my triggers through my module ? And do they automatically have velocity and dynamics so they sound real or is there a way to do that with multiple velocity files in tm2?
          Actually, they way it works is you put the samples in the TM-2. You connect your input triggers to the TM-2 and playback from the TM-2. There are 4 inputs that you can use for triggering, or you can use MIDI IN from your module. However, to my knowledge, there are still just 4 single-layer samples that can be accessed at a time. So you can't use it for "all your triggers through your module" unless you only have 4 triggers. It is not a multi-sampler. IF that were the case, we'd all be buying them.

Now, let's see what Roland has to offer next week with their big announcement. Many believe there will be a big brother to the TM-2 with more capabilities.
          ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Originally posted by perceval View Post
            You can't import samples into a Roland module.

You may be able to with a 2Box module, You would need to head over the 2Box forum to confirm.
            Yeah, I wonder why the DrumIt-3 hasn't been released yet .......maybe 2box consider it could be too popular and undermine DrumIt-5 sales!

Drumit3 Kit-2.jpg Drumit3_module.jpg
            Last edited by RhysT; 09-01-16, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jpsquared482 View Post
              However, to my knowledge, there are still just 4 single-layer samples that can be accessed at a time.
              I'm interested in getting a TM2 solely for triggering my own user samples. I'm trying to avoid going the laptop route and want something completely detached from a computer. I don't care too much for the built in TM2 sounds since I already have a Nord Drum 3P. I understand that you can only access 4 single-layer samples at one given time. What I would like to be able to do is save 'Kits' of my user samples and be able to jump from one kit to another with a push of a button... each 'Kit' would contain the 4 samples I need for each song in a setlist of say, 30 songs. Is this possible with the TM2? Would like to get confirmation on this before I invest in one. Looking forward to hearing back about this!

Comment

TM-2 i dont think offers ... setlist you can create 30 kits [1 for each song] then .. when play live, you just have to click to next kit/song .... just put them in order as you go. I like TM-2 but it's kind of limit because it's cheap and has it purpose of playing/triggering samples and do looping.

Comment

Working...
                X