Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

positional sensing in SD2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• positional sensing in SD2

Hey Guys,

I have a DIY kit, which I have hooked up to a laptop running SD2. I have positional sensing working, for single strokes that is. If I do a press roll, starting near the rim, and then moving to the center, SD2 keeps giving me the "near rim" sound. The sound that belongs to the position where I started the roll.

Is that something in my settings, or is that a SD2 nuisance?

Regards,

Viper
    Brain: mega drum. 5 toms: DIY mesh head, side-mounted DIY triggers. Snare: 14" 682 head, DIY crossbar trigger. 2xDIY beaterless BD pedal. .Cymbals: Crash: 2x 16" brass: 2 zone. Ride: 20" brass: 2 zone. Hi-Hat: 14" 1 zone DIY Control pedal + Pearl H900 stand. + drum rack:

Did you use the Roland preset? Mine seems to work fine after using the preset. I have tweaked the Hi Hat a bit and changed the odd note numbers but as far as the snare goes (apart from the sounds) the positional sensing seems to work fine
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Viperr, you may have better answers if you posted in the MegaDrum forum. Lots more users there with that module.

DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
      Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Hey Perceval,

I hadn't looked at it from that perspective. It's very well possible that Megadrum sends the wrong signal, and that SD2 is not the problem. I was so focused on solving it in SD, that I was blind to other options.

I'll give it a go.
        Brain: mega drum. 5 toms: DIY mesh head, side-mounted DIY triggers. Snare: 14" 682 head, DIY crossbar trigger. 2xDIY beaterless BD pedal. .Cymbals: Crash: 2x 16" brass: 2 zone. Ride: 20" brass: 2 zone. Hi-Hat: 14" 1 zone DIY Control pedal + Pearl H900 stand. + drum rack:

Comment

Yes. This sounds like more of a MegaDRUM related issue. We have about 5 different values that controls this so the midi + cc information delivers right to the VST.

Angr77
          Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR,RT-10/30,BT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Dingbat,Triggera D14, D11, ATV AD-h14, PCY-155, 120MHz MD with PS board, 2box 3/5/5MKII, dd4SE, Yamaha DTX502, Addictive Drums 2.1.19. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

oops... sorry... ignore this post
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

DIY E-Pearl Rhythm Traveler
            Roland & Yamaha cymbals, DrumKAT TURBO 4.5, PoleKATs, TD-20

My Pink Floyd The Wall Tribute band - "Beyond The Wall"

all original CD with previous band - Rhyme & Reason

Comment

ignore mine from earlier as I don't know what made me think you had a roland module
              Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by mkok View Post
                ignore mine from earlier as I don't know what made me think you had a roland module

No problem. I could have been more clear about the fact that I use megadrum

Comment

Angr77, Perceval,

You guys were right. Megadrum settings.... Thre are sooooo many of them.

nevertheless, once you figure them out it is a module that can almost do anything.

Comment

Glad we could point you in the right direction.

Happy drumming!
                    DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
                    Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Working...
                    X