Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-11 and AD2 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-11 and AD2 problem

I'm wondering if anyone can offer any insights into this problem....I am using AD2 to play along with Itunes tracks on my Windows 7 computer (6 GB RAM). After playing for a few minutes, the sound just stops (no track and no trigger sounds from AD2). No visual triggers either in AD2, meaning no lights showing up for 'hits.' The computer is still working. I can still hear the sounds from the TD-11 module. I have to reload Itunes and AD2 every time to clear the problem. And it does not happen consistently or predictably
    Roland TD-11: PD-105 snare, PDX-100 toms (3); CY-13R ride; CY-12 crash (2); KD-9 kick; Iron Cobra HP900 kick pedal; VH-10 hi-hat; Iron Cobra HH605 hi-hat stand; Simmons DA200s monitor; Sony MDR-7520 and Audioquest Nightowl headphones; AD2; VEX Apex, Sync, Icons, Boost, Masters 1-2; Drum-Tec LA Studios, Real Acoustic, Alternate Rock Sound Editions

I'm thinking driver issue. As iTunes cannot use Asio what sound codec are you using for both AD and iTunes?
    Asio is preferred of course but you can't run 2 codecs at once.
    "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

I am using ASIO (with the Focusrite USB 2.0 driver)
      Roland TD-11: PD-105 snare, PDX-100 toms (3); CY-13R ride; CY-12 crash (2); KD-9 kick; Iron Cobra HP900 kick pedal; VH-10 hi-hat; Iron Cobra HH605 hi-hat stand; Simmons DA200s monitor; Sony MDR-7520 and Audioquest Nightowl headphones; AD2; VEX Apex, Sync, Icons, Boost, Masters 1-2; Drum-Tec LA Studios, Real Acoustic, Alternate Rock Sound Editions

Comment

Yep, trying to use 2 drivers at same time will cause unstable results. Try playing your tunes with a player that supports asio iTunes does not. Could be tuff if all your tunes are in the cloud. If tunes are local mp3's then Google a player that supports asio.
        Good luck

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Interesting....The tunes are all WAV files on an external drive. Any suggestions for a player that will serve this purpose?

Comment

Sorry, can't think of any and google is really not much help.
            You could use a DAW to listen to the wav file but you would need a plug-in to do a song list. You would also want to run AD inside the DAW also probably. I have done this with mp3's but with all the extra steps it was not worth it. I found a vst mp3 player that would load a song list but it was too clunky to waste time on.
            Another reason VST's can be a pain in a live setting.

Comment

It does sound like a driver issue.

If you are using ASIO4ALL, remember that it can only use one audio source at a time.

Your Focusrite probably came with some routing software/drivers. I would go around Focusrite support and read/ask how to listen to 2 sources with your interface.

Not wanting to sound like a fanboy, but that is one thing I like about Mac's Core Audio. I can play many apps at the same time and hear the audio from each without using extra drivers.

But I am sure that by using your Focusrite interface, you can achieve the same results. Try to find how to route all audio to your USB.
              DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
              Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Originally posted by gradier View Post
                Interesting....The tunes are all WAV files on an external drive. Any suggestions for a player that will serve this purpose?
                JRiver Media Center
                http://www.jriver.com/
                Roland TD-11KV - VH11 - SPD-SX

Comment

Originally posted by Guuz View Post

JRiver Media Center
                  http://www.jriver.com/

?????

JRiver is way overengineered for what is needed here.

The very inexpensive (FREE!) Foobar200 will do great. And much lighter load than JRiver on the PC, plus, Foobar sounds great and a very capable music player, handling pretty much every sound file format out there.

http://www.foobar2000.org/

DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
                  Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Working...
                  X