Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-9 KX2 / VH-11 / Studio Drummer / Abbey Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-9 KX2 / VH-11 / Studio Drummer / Abbey Road

I have a Roland TD-9 KX / VH- and HH 9 Ultimate Komplete bundle.

My TD-9 configuration is

Pedal CC configuration (Foot 4)
    HH Compatibility: TD9 / TD 20

My Studio Drummer or Abbey Road configuration is

Option / Preset: TD- 12/ TD- 20
    Velocity Curve exp +

My problem is when I close the HH and I hit the top of the HH. The sound is more like a edge sound or like the HH is not completely close. It's hard to explain.

The TD-9 works very well with its sounds. The problem is when I use virtual drums. I tried "extended" rather than TD9 / TD 20 but compatibility is poorer. If anyone can help me it would be great

Many Thanks
    TD-9KX2 / Gretsch Catalina Maple 8-10-12-14-14-16 / Fender Rhodes 73 981 / Roland FP-5 / Korg T3 / RCF-315A / Microphones / Motu 828 MKII Presonus StudioLive 24.4.2 / Yamaha HS8 / Logic Pro X / Studio One Pro / Komplete 9 Ultimate / MacBook Pro retina 2015 1Tb SSD I7 3.7Ghz

In the TD-9 Try setting your CC max on the Hi Hat from 90 to 127 that should fix it.
    Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
    Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
    Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

thank you for your answer, to use HH notes border 90 > 127 I must enable HH compatibility to "External" in setup / midi, but with that I lose the choke on my ride.there is there a different way to proceed?
      TD-9KX2 / Gretsch Catalina Maple 8-10-12-14-14-16 / Fender Rhodes 73 981 / Roland FP-5 / Korg T3 / RCF-315A / Microphones / Motu 828 MKII Presonus StudioLive 24.4.2 / Yamaha HS8 / Logic Pro X / Studio One Pro / Komplete 9 Ultimate / MacBook Pro retina 2015 1Tb SSD I7 3.7Ghz

Comment

I am talking about your TD-9 module, You have to set the Hi Hat CC to 127 "in the Module" It is most likely set at 90.

Comment

I checked in TD9 module and it seems that this is the Note # border , this option is available only when compatibility is adjusted to external instead of TD-12 / TD-20. This option actually changes the sound of the HH properly but the problem is that other parts of the drum are wrong with this adjustment
          .I understanding a drum also known does not work immediately with the Native Instruments products. Thank you for your help, if you have other ideas that Interested me.

Comment

I am also using a TD9KX with Studio Drummer and use the "external" setting for the HH to make it work properly i.e. get the full range of open/closed/half sounds for both edge and tip on the CY5. I leave the note border at 80 and it works ok, doesnt affect any other pad and i dont think it should as all i does is affect 4 notes to the HH instead of 2 : open tip, open edge, closed tip, closed edge. What other mapping gets messed up? cant you just remap using the plugin interface MIDI learn function?

Comment

When I adjusted the td-9 to "external", I also was adjusting Studio Drummer to GM because I thought the External mod = General Midi mode in SD. That is why the mapping was not correct. Now the TD-9 is adjusted to External with 80 for the note border and studio drummer is adjusted on TD-12 / TD-20 and it WORKS!!!!. "Thank you, for saving my life. Can you tell me in Studio Drummer what is the velocity parameter (lin..exp exp .. + - .. Fix). Do i have to adjust it? And if there are other adjustments to make the best compatibility between TD -9 and SDrummer. I would also like to assign a studio drummer cowbell at rim of a Tom. Is this possible?

Thanks Again, I can finally use my virtual drums

Comment

I use EXP+ but you have to experiment with how each setting reacts to your playing style so its more of a personal preference setting.

Comment

Should I adjust exp + on the TD-9 and the Studio Drummer or only on the Studio Drummer? Thanks

Comment

I would say just in Studio Drummer, Thats all I needed to do but thats only if you are having any problems with how things are triggering. You need to play and see yourself how it feels and try each one out, everybody's playing style is different and requires adjustments to suit their playing style, but most times its just left alone on LIN. Dont go crazy thinking you have to change everything either because the option is there.

Comment

Wise words, thank you very much and I hope we can talk again on this forum

Comment

Working...
                      X