Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any vdrummers used DrumForge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any vdrummers used DrumForge?

Hey guys,
    I was wondering if someone has any experience with the kontakt based Drumforge plug:
    http://www.drumforge.com/

The vel layers seem limited (similar to SSD4 appaently) but the sounds and routing/mixing possiblities seem interesting....but of course it all depends how it plays on our E-toys :-)

On a side note, I recently recorded an EP on SSD4 and was very impressed by the Vdrums playability - not so keen on the raw sounds which i find a bit over-compressed especially on toms and cymbals (as compared to say the unprocessed BFD3 lib where toms have a beautiful natural ring) but the overall dynamics response made the performance an absolute breeze!

Regarding DrumForge - a Kontakt interface/sampler always makes me cringe a bit (appart from NI Studio drummer which plays great) so I would love to hear any experience from others before taking the plunge!

Cheers

Looks interesting, I sent them an Email and asked if they support Edrums. I will post back when I hear something.
    Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
    Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
    Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

Got this message back >> ( The kontakt instrument features a midi listen on each instrument which allows you to control that instrument with any midi note. There is one midi note per articulation. Velocity mapping is 1:1 )

Comment

Thanks for letting us know...doesnt say much though does it!!
        seems you can remap notes and prob cannot adjust velocity curves...i may get a few kit pieces just to try it out

Comment

Like most the others.. the Hi Hats will not be useful at all

Comment

Working...
          X