Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New releases for BFD and SD 2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New releases for BFD and SD 2!

Recently got the new Metal Machinery SDX for SD 2 and it sounds great....highly recommend it. Ive always loved that tama bubinga sound. Yes it is very similar to metal machine ezx, but much more layers, all mics are assessable and additional pieces. These are raw samples like other sdx, but some mix ready ones in there as well. Theres also a new Sabian Digital Vault for bfd that has me intrigued as I've always been more partial to Sabian..but it seems no one has posted anything about this library anywhere online. Have you guys tried this one out? John Emrich has chosen some interesting and varied selections of cymbals on this one it seems.

Metal Machinery is fantastic, but I wish they had recorded a Tama maple kit instead, bubinga is getting rather common amongst other VSTs, a different flavor of the awesome starclassic would have been unique.

Also, no cowbell in MM unlike Metal Foundry, WTF toontrack? At least we still have the stock in Avatar I guess.
    ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ MegaDRUM
    ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
    PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

I did not get the Metal Machinery as yet... Neither the Sabian pack from Fxpansion.Maybe because I was not that crazy on the Sabian sounds I found in SD2 and the Paragons on Peart's expansion are enought for me at least for now.

How do you compare it to the Metal Foundry?

Pim
      Roland TD50, Roland PM30 and KC 550 Studio Capture /Dell XPS I7 32GB RAM Reaper,Superior Drummer,BFD3 (all exp. packs),SSD5 Ezdrummer 2, XLN Addictive Drums

Comment

Working...
      X