Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New VST release by Spitfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New VST release by Spitfire

These are some very nice sounding drums ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0Zpy9yAtVw#t=314
    Last edited by yzf125; 01-23-15, 01:56 PM.
    Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
    Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
    Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Sounds good. I am not a fan of Kontakt, but I may see if there's a demo to get my feet wet.

DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
    Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Cant deny the quality of the sounds but I wonder how it will play with Vdrums and if they even support it, If there is support for Vdrums, I will be all over this one. Kontakt player is not so bad once you get used to it but it does tent to be a cpu hog.

Comment

I picked this up being a huge Roger Taylor fan. Sound is awesome, but while mappable, I haven't seen any way to get real control of the hihat like other libraries. Best way to use this is to track with something else and then replace with this library. Room sounds are epic.

Comment

So another best use would be loaded up in a 2box module I would assume. oh well was hoping for vdrum support.

Comment

There are also a couple of quirks like the fact that room and direct mics are two different .nki files. Need to create a multi with the two instruments to get the whole kit. Also the Roger Taylor crash was recorded with a kick played, so there isn't a way to trigger the Roger Taylor crash without the kick. However you can use the Chad Smith crash if you load his kits in other .nkis. It definitely feels like a ver 1.0 approach, however as stated it does sound pretty awesome.

Comment

Crash with a kick sample combined ?? That seems extremely ridiculous on their part to release something like that, almost seems half assed put together although they seem like a reputable company.. I dont get their vision with this ?

Comment

more details in this thread - page 2-3 have more salient info
                http://www.vi-control.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41021

Comment

Here is what Spitfire posted about this

From Spitfire:

These are drums that help you play like the personalities themselves. So when I asked Chad if he wanted to record the snare with the snare off he asked me "find me a Chili Pepper song where I play with the snare off" so we agreed for the whole project not to record stuff that doesn't reflect their playing style.

With Roger, complete Rock Legend of stratospheric proportions, he didn't record a non rim-shot snare (ie playing in the middle of the snare) because he never ever plays like that, and when requesting he hit a crash without hitting the kick he stated that he would never ever hit a crash without hitting his kick. With Chad we have both, crashes with and without kick and with Andy they're also without.

Comment

Originally posted by gmontano View Post
                    Here is what Spitfire posted about this

From Spitfire:

These are drums that help you play like the personalities themselves. So when I asked Chad if he wanted to record the snare with the snare off he asked me "find me a Chili Pepper song where I play with the snare off" so we agreed for the whole project not to record stuff that doesn't reflect their playing style.

With Roger, complete Rock Legend of stratospheric proportions, he didn't record a non rim-shot snare (ie playing in the middle of the snare) because he never ever plays like that, and when requesting he hit a crash without hitting the kick he stated that he would never ever hit a crash without hitting his kick. With Chad we have both, crashes with and without kick and with Andy they're also without.
                    <facepalm> [email protected] Rockstars... </facepalm>
                    I think my work is done here.

Comment

Working...
                    X