Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Drum kits/samples????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Drum kits/samples????

I have a TD-11KV and suppose I do not like the stock drum samples/kit. Can someone point me in the right direction as to where I would go to download more realistic samples/kits to my TD-11KV. Do I need to buy software? EZDRUMMER? Any advise would be helpful. Thanks

Um, Roland modules do not allow for "downloading of more realistic/samples".

You can purchase stuff from VEX (please search in here) which is a set of module configurations that get the most out of what's on the module (in other words, the VEX people do all the work for you) but you can't put anything new on there.

When you reference something like EZDrummer, you're talking something entirely different: using the module as a MIDI controller for VST software loaded onto a computer. You trigger that from the module but again, there's nothing new on the module.

www.digitaldrummermag.com
    www.dauphinehotel.com
    TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

I am a very pleased VEX kit user (both TD-11 and TD-15)
      http://www.vexpressionsltd.com/11.html

Comment

I've got the TD15 and am a happy VEX user as well. Significant improvement of the stock sounds.
        TD-25KV, Yamaha DXR15, MG10. Senn 280HD.

Comment

Does the td15 have trigger banks for kd120,pd105,pd120 on the list of pads accepted?And do you really feel the interval control while playing?-thanks-Ken
          1-td-30module,1-,pd128sbc,3-pd-105,1-pd120wh,2-cy-8,1-td10EXP. module- DDRUM4 SE STEALTH MESH HEAD/BLACK POWDER RACK,2 BEHRINGER 2031A MONITORS,KRK 10"SUB/BEHRINGER 1204 MIXER,VIC FIRTH/VATER

Comment

Originally posted by kjob3022 View Post
            Does the td15 have trigger banks for kd120,pd105,pd120 on the list of pads accepted?And do you really feel the interval control while playing?-thanks-Ken

Not sure about the trigger banks for the TD-11. I had one but now have a TD-11, and I can tell you that the interval control is pretty good on cymbal swells. Snare rolls are less impressive. Having said that I only use the TD-11 internal sounds occasionally. I almost always us e VSTs and my go-to software for quick, easy setup is EZD2.
            ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, eDRUMin 10, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeV1234 View Post
              I have a TD-11KV and suppose I do not like the stock drum samples/kit. Can someone point me in the right direction as to where I would go to download more realistic samples/kits to my TD-11KV. Do I need to buy software? EZDRUMMER? Any advise would be helpful. Thanks

I don't blame you about the stock sounds. I got tired of them pretty quickly, and they're not much better on the TD-15 IMHO. I wholeheartedly encourage you to install VEX kits on your TD-11. You will love the improvement. If you are unsure about EZDrummer, that's a huge, huge, huge upgrade to your stock sounds. If you have a Mac, it's incredibly simple to set up. One cable, no separate audio interface needed, and immediate pad mapping and great sounds. It's only $149.99 on Amazon and a great way to get into VSTs. It's so totally worth it, especially if you were at all considering upgrading the module to a TD-15 or 30. I would highly recommend you not do that unless you simply don't want to stay with the module approach. If you have EZD2 for the TD-11 and do upgrade, it will work with your other modules.

Good luck.
              ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, eDRUMin 10, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Working...
              X