Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Host for SSD 4.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Host for SSD 4.0?

Hello all,

I took the plunge and ordered Steven Slate Drums 4.0 and am wondering which host would be best to use with it. I do not really need a full fledged DAW. I only intend to use it for playing real time Edrums. I have looked into VSTHost, Cantabile lite and Reaper (which is what SSD support recommended I use) I do want one that supports aftertouch and I believe all 3 of them do? Any help is appreciated!
    My Electronics Gear:
    Roland Rack
    Modules-TD5, TD12:)
    Drums- 1 PD-120, 3 PD-100's,Pacific Chameleon Kit with mesh heads and homemade crossbar internal triggers
    Pads-1 PD9,4 PD8's,KD7 Kick,KD8 Kick
    Cymbals- 2 CY-14's, 1 CY-15, 1 CY-5, 2 CY6's, Pintech 10"&16"
    VST - EZ Drummer, Superior Drummer

VSTHost will be pretty light on the PC, so, if your PC is limited in any way, that will be your best bet,
    Bidule is another.
    That's for playing with the VST alone.

If you mean to record anything, than Reaper is an easy suggestion.

Either way, it should provide you with loads of fun!
    DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
    Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

If you have a Mac, it works great with GarageBand.
      ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, eDRUMin 10, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Reaper works nice for me with SSD 4.0
        Roland TD50, Roland PM30 and KC 550 Studio Capture /Dell XPS I7 32GB RAM Reaper,Superior Drummer,BFD3 (all exp. packs),SSD5 Ezdrummer 2, XLN Addictive Drums

Comment

+1 with Reaper and has a very small footprint with ease of use.
          Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
          Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
          Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

Thanks for the help guys! I downloaded Cantabile Lite and it's working fine with SSD. I've been messing around with it today and have most of the editing figured out. I'm using a VH-11 Hi Hat with an fd7 controller and am having a problem with closed articulations. It's not tight enough. Does anyone know how I would go about editing the closed articulations so the hats will sound tighter when being closed?
            My Electronics Gear:
            Roland Rack
            Drums- 1 PD-120, 3 PD-100's,Pacific Chameleon Kit with mesh heads and homemade crossbar internal triggers

Comment

In your module you have to set the CC on the hi hat to max 127. Select the trigger button on your module and then F3 (Hi Hat), then you will see the CC value and its probably set at 90, just scroll down and change it to 127. when you go back to playing just the TD-12 module you will need to change it back or it will be to tight sounding at full closed.
              Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
              Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
              Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

Thanks yzf, that was the ticket! I'm really liking SSD 4 so far. A lot of the kits sound the same but the playability right out of the box is great
                My Electronics Gear:
                Roland Rack

Comment

Working...
                X