Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logic Pro x and AD2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logic Pro x and AD2

Hi After many suggestions in this great forum to connect my td3 to the computer and to try ezdrummer and ad2, I never looked back. I wonder why people buy such expensive models while they can simply connect the simplest brain to the computer and get much better sounds. Anyway, it opened a new world to start and play with recording and so. I tried garage band and I try logic, and both of them have the same problem. When I try to record my ad2 kits ( I bought few of them) I can hear the toms in the ad2 and during the recording, but when pressing playback I can't hear them. What is wrong? Any ideas?

Hi. Good thoughts...the computer rules! Regarding your Logic problems: Have you selected the right map preset in AD2 for your TD-3? (Menu : ?...map window). Angr77
    Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR,RT-10/30,BT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Dingbat,Triggera D14, D11, ATV AD-h14, PCY-155, 120MHz MD with PS board, 2box 3/5/5MKII, dd4SE, Yamaha DTX502, Addictive Drums 2.1.19. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

Yes, and as I said I can hear the toms in ad2 and they map ok, means I hit the tom I can hear and see it correctly in ad2. And also I can hear it correctly during the recording in logic. But when I press 'play' on logic the to can't be heard.

Comment

In Logic, you have to arm and monitor the track.

You have to press the little R (red) button, and the little I (orange) button when you record (press the round red dot button) the track.

Did you?

Sorry, but I have no idea how fluent you are with Logic.
        DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
        Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Ok problem solved with xln suuport ( and a very good one I must say) so here it is in case someone will encounter it: Thing is that when you open the ad2 in stand alone, and open logic with ad2 No matter what you tuned in the stand alone app, logic doesn't know about it. So when you open logic and use ad2 usually it is tuned to faifex demo drum that doesn't contain the toms. Choosing the correct kit and preset and everything work as expected.

Comment

Aha. Yes, we have seen this issue before in the forum..using the Fairfax toms and the AD2 demo. I thought you didn't hear any drums when you was replaying from Logic...otherwise I would have suggested this as well. :-) Angr77
            Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR,RT-10/30,BT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Dingbat,Triggera D14, D11, ATV AD-h14, PCY-155, 120MHz MD with PS board, 2box 3/5/5MKII, dd4SE, Yamaha DTX502, Addictive Drums 2.1.19. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

Working...
            X