Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Addictive drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addictive drums

Lately I am trying the ez drums and addictive drums head to head to see which one is better. Right now I think that addictive drums are much better with that many options they have, I still couldn't find a good sounding drums as the ez one, but still it seems that the addictive is much more pro, and contain much more options. But using the addictive with my roland td3/ddrum triggers I stumbled through some problems that maybe you can help: 1) ( most annoying unexplained phenomena...) using the midi maps, I can play my ekit and hear the different drums/cymbals through the computer speakers, but when pressing on the play icon near some of the drums ( for example the toms) I can't hear them. I can only hear them when hitting the edrum pad. Even worse when I press on the KIT button I can see the drums layout, but it seems that only the elements that are in the midi preset are allowed to be played when pressing the play icon. So for example all the toms can't be heard at all.(because the midi preset didn't contain them ?) 2) speaking of the tomes, all the drums are sound fine, but the toms are very quite when playing my ekit. What is the reason? 3) positional sensing - from some reason when I press on the: "learn" button in the positional sensing snare section, it work amazingly(!!!) (with the ddrum trigger), however when I start to play the kit, the minute I hit the hihat, it reset my positional sensing on the snare, to a no positional sensing at all... Any idea why? Thanks Op

1- make sure your td3 outputs MIDI through your connection. I'm not familiar with the Roland manuals, but it should be in there. 2- use the mixer window to blend in your kit while in AD. 3- your td3 doesn't have positional capabilities.
    DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
    Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Originally posted by perceval View Post
      1- make sure your td3 outputs MIDI through your connection. I'm not familiar with the Roland manuals, but it should be in there. 2- use the mixer window to blend in your kit while in AD. 3- your td3 doesn't have positional capabilities.
      Thanks for the help, but I am not sure your read what I wrote... 1) I say that I can hear all the drums when I hit them in my ekit, but can't hear the toms ( only them) when pressing on the play icon near the ton grapgica( but as I said I can hear them when playing my ekit) About 3) as I said I can hear postional sensing in the learn section but from some reason it goes away when hitting my hihat. I don't have regular td3 kit. As I said I have td3 module with ddrum triggers. ( maybe the software can detect postional sensning from them, as I can hear very clearly when pressing learn button) So any help on my questions? Thanks Op

Comment

It doesnt matter what trigger setup you have with that module...Your TD 3 module is NOT capable of positional sensing ...
        Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
        Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
        Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

Originally posted by yzf125 View Post
          It doesnt matter what trigger setup you have with that module...Your TD 3 module is NOT capable of positional sensing ...
          Ok, and what about the first question, any idea what is going on?

Comment

It sounds to be within Addictive drums if I understand you correctly, If you can play your E drums and trigger the sounds with no problem then it doesnt seem to be that big a deal. I dont have that problem nor could I make it happen.

It would be best to contact AD support via email since they no longer have a forum, They do get right back with you quickly through Email though.
            Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
            Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
            Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

Wait a minute, are you trying the Addictive demo or did you purchase it ?

If it's the demo, that's why you can't hear the toms... they are not included in the demo (if you read the blurb of info when you download it from XLN).
              EZDrummer has a full kit demo, but AD is only snare, kick and HH.

Comment

Originally posted by perceval View Post
                Wait a minute, are you trying the Addictive demo or did you purchase it ? If it's the demo, that's why you can't hear the toms... they are not included in the demo (if you read the blurb of info when you download it from XLN). EZDrummer has a full kit demo, but AD is only snare, kick and HH.
                Ah! Now that explain it! Thanks!!! I was trying for hours to understand why I don't have toms. Pretty wowed actually why they didn't even put one tom to try... Giving your expirinace with the software what ad packs you recommend? ( and I am still not sure where to invest my money in, in AD OR suprior drummer, any comment on this?)

Comment

I highly recommend AD and for any rock drumming the Metal Ad Pack, EVEN IF you have no interest in metal drumming. It has great sounds and I've used it for all kinds of recordings from soft and slow to fast and punchy. To be fair, I have not used EZDrummer so I can't compare the two, but I couldn't be happier with the recording ease from AD and with AD2 out now, it is even better.

Comment

If you like addictive drums. Try fairfax. To me it's the best sounding kit, though the cymbals sound too thin to me. Ezdrummer is cool for songwriting and there are lots of great expansion packs that are often on sale. You can't tweak the drum mapping in ezdrummer2, so if a default mapping doesn't suit you, you need to create a custom kit on your module. I'd give bfd3 or superior drummer 2 a try if you are In the testing mood.

Comment

Except that SD2 doesn't have a demo. OP, depends on the music you hope to play, jazz, rock, metal, etc... But even the basic kits that come with each software can be tweaked to fit a wide range of music.

Comment

Working...
                      X