Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superior Drummer Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superior Drummer Help

Hello! I have just installed my copy of Superior Drummer on my laptop. Laptop has 8 gigs of ram and an i5 running at 3.5.

I wanted to get better sounds out of my TD-11k and this seemed awesome. I got SD 2.0 installed and up an running. I installed ASIO4ALL and when I clicked the drums I heard them perfectly. I plugged in my MIDI cable and it was automatically mapped to all of the drums on its own. Barely any latency. When I went to play a standard groove though I noticed that about 2 seconds into the groove it would start missing kick drum hits. It seemed like it would start missing hits out of nowhere. Is there anything I can do to remedy this? I've looked online for hours so any help would be appreciated more than you can image. I'm pretty tech savvy so lay all the technical jargon you can for me! I would love to dive deep into this.

Thank you!

you could assign the midi note or the pad to different values to check whether it's the pad, the cable, the TD-11 or Superior Drummer. Never heard of that problem...
    TD-11 with 1xPDX 100 and 2x 12" drum-tec Diabolo pads, VH-11, CY 15R, CY-8 + various VSTi's.

Comment

I've narrowed it down to my kick pedal I believe. Here's some more information I've discovered about my problem. When I set the midi channel to 10 in ToonTrack Solo, it won't accept two hits at the same time between the drums. If I set it to Omni it seems fine until I use the kick pedal which will sometimes double kick on its own. Or if I'm hitting the ride in a steady pattern for a groove, when I start using the bass it will cause the ride two double hit.

Comment

If you can use a Midi Monitor piece of software, it would help diagnose whether your PC receives the right midi note every time you hit (and double hit) some pad. Get that confirmed first so you can start narrowing down the issue.
        I've heard that some Midi cables weren't that good - dunno if that's your problem but maybe you can swap it out just as a debugging step.

-- Greg

Comment

Originally posted by zgeggy2k View Post
          If you can use a Midi Monitor piece of software, it would help diagnose whether your PC receives the right midi note every time you hit (and double hit) some pad. Get that confirmed first so you can start narrowing down the issue.
          I've heard that some Midi cables weren't that good - dunno if that's your problem but maybe you can swap it out just as a debugging step.

-- Greg

I've narrowed it down to this. When I select the midi channel in SD that my module is set to, I cannot hit two notes at once. No matter what the pads. When I turn it to omni and hit two at once. One of the two pads that I hit does a double hit. It's probably the cable. =[

Comment

Yes, I've been down that path once or twice. Before checking software gremlins, check for connection and faulty cables. Also, your hits missing could be related to your laptop. A user laptop is usually doing other duties, like emails, etc... Check online for ways to streamline your computer for audio and MIDI duty. Lots of how-to. Like disconnecting wireless, fixing shared USB bus , ...
            DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
            Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Working...
            X