Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASIO4ALL, really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASIO4ALL, really?

Be gentle with me! First time I play with a PC since 2005.

I got me a nice enough H97 board, 16G RAM and an i5-4570. Feels fast. Installed a VST. Yikes! Even playing with samples within the VST, I get over 20ms latency. Just plain horrible. I read about Asio4all from here as a bandaid solution. Installed that and yes, latency is very reasonable. Cool.

I try to open a song (rant: navigating to play a song with "music" in win8 is retarded!) and I can't. Googling around, it seems that Asio can only use one audio app at a time. What? Only solution I see is to play within a DAW, or getting a mixer.

Any other way? I think I'll keep my mac for music.
    Last edited by perceval; 06-05-14, 11:37 PM. Reason: fixed the ipad posting that makes one single paragraph... annoying.
    DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
    Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Do you have a mix in on your module ? Just use an MP3 player on that input and your good to go.
    Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
    Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
    Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

I've also notice this when I try to play along with Spotify. If I'm running ASIO4ALL with BFD or AD I cannot hear Spotify -- one or the other. Does anyone know a work around for this? If so, could you elaborate a bit - I too am a neophyte.

Thanks,
      SKK

Comment

I use ASIO4ALL for Jammit and it blocks all other media playing devices when it is running. Fortunately it only runs when the Jammit app is running and turns off when you close the window. Not sure why its necessary, but I cant get Jammit to play properly without it.
        I think my work is done here.

Comment

Originally posted by yzf125 View Post
          Do you have a mix in on your module ? Just use an MP3 player on that input and your good to go.
          I wasn't playing module sounds. I'm playing VSTs.
          DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
          Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

I know but you can still utilize the mix in function if you just lower all your individual drum sounds on the module.
            Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
            Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
            Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

Working...
            X