Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combining factory preset kits and Vex kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combining factory preset kits and Vex kits

Hi friends, I would like to get the Strike and Essentials packs for my TD-30K but I am not sure about something and wanted to ask for your help.

I really like some of the preset kits on TD-30. Is it possible to combine these 3 sets of kits on my module, picking my favorites from each, say 20 kits from the factory presets, 35 kits from Strike and 40 kits from Essentials? Can I copy them on the module one after another and fill the 100 kits memory of the module this way? If yes, could you please tell me how? And do I need the VDrumLib software for that?

Thank you all in advance and I apologize if this question has already been answered here but I couldn't find it on the threads I have checked.

You can add all the VEX kits to the module, then play the default kits from the module's backup. That's about the only way to have them all at once. Keep in mind, this is only for holding up to 100 kits. You also lose some functionality with that audition kits, but I don't remember what at this time.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Okay...my question is: if I add the VEX kits and then decide later that I want to go back to a factory setup with all factory kits and settings, Can I go to that area in the menus that gives you the choice of TD30 or TD20x and restore?

Comment

You can certainly mix and match... VDrumLib will do what you want. If you are a Widows user, you can also use my TD30Browser to do what you want.
        eKit (TD-30KV): http://www.vdrums.com/forum/performa...y-s-drums-td39
        aKit: (Tama Starclassic): http://www.vdrums.com/forum/acoustic...ma-starclassic
        TD30Browser: http://www.vdrums.com/forum/general/...4-td30-browser

Comment

I installed on of Alan's VEX backups then worked it in the vDrum library and added some of Alan's kits from other backups and some of the stock kits that came with the module. I think using the VEX backup improves the sound on the stock kits as opposed to adding VEX kits to the stock backup.
          Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

sorry bit of a rookie question but wouldnt you not almost need the VEX add ons if you have a TD30 module??

edit.. nevermind.. there are tons of great sounds and kits on the stock 30 but I guess if you want a more vast range of sounds you get the add ons.
            TD-30 , DW3000 Double pedal, 3XCY-12, 2XCY14, Cy15R. 3XPD105, 3XPD125, VH12 hats, Yorkville powered 1000W P.A

Comment

It's not just the additional kits, it's the sound quality of the VEX that makes them worthwhile especially if you don't have hours to spend building kits.
              Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

You can start with the factory presets and add Vex kit via USB with the function copy/paste, to you is the easiest way not to use VdrumLib !

Comment

Working...
                X