Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Importing Strike and Rock Kits TD30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing Strike and Rock Kits TD30

May be a silly question but is it possible to copy kits from the Strike and Rock packs to you TD30 module without loosing the original TD30 kits? I have read that when do this you will loose the original data and have backed it up. I have just purchased the Strike and Rock packs and are currently just playing them off the usb but want to import a handful of them to customise to be ready for my first gig with the TD30 next week. Is it possible to make a bank of kits using the TD30 presets and a mixture of the strike and Rock kits? Sorry for my ignorance as I am new to this. I Have read the material but am still unsure

1. Backup your module. This saves your current kits, with tweaks you've made, plus your pad settings. (if changed)
    2. Load each expansion, apply YOUR pad setup, and re-save.
    3. Choose the top 100 kits you want on the module.
    4. Copy in each kit you want from your three backups.
    5. Re-check your pad settings. (just to verify)
    6. Save the new collection as a new backup.
    7. Done.

Still confused? Read our TD-30 & VEX QuickStart Guides. You can get them on our support page.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Thank you for the prompt reply. Will have a go today.

Comment

Originally posted by Rickyponting View Post
        May be a silly question but is it possible to copy kits from the Strike and Rock packs to you TD30 module without loosing the original TD30 kits? I have read that when do this you will loose the original data and have backed it up.
        Actually you CANNOT delete the factory PRESET kits. The factory kits are stored in two places in your module -- PRESET kit memory AND USER kit memory. When you load kits in from a backup, you will always load them into the USER kit area. So, you will lose the COPY that is in the USER kit area. You can always copy them back from the PRESET kit area into the USER kit area.

Hope the helps to clear up the confusion about "losing" factory kits.

-SD-

Comment

Working...
        X