Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loving the drum sounds on the new Stryper album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loving the drum sounds on the new Stryper album

Just released yesterday, No More Hell to Pay. Give it a listen and tell me how to get that fat, in your face like your inside the snare drum kind of sound on a TD-30 Roland kit!? Would be great to model a Vex kit after Robert's Sweet drum sound on this album.
    Current: TD-30, TD-12 modules/TD-20 pads
    Previous: TD-3, TD-5, TD-8

I'll have to listen to it again. I heard the first release a couple of days ago, and I wasn't really diggin' the acrylic sound. Regardless, I'll add it to the pile as I'm somewhat a fan of Rob's. I actually met him several times back in the late 80's. I won't ruin the band's reputation though by telling you how much of the live show was pre-recorded. LOL It was pretty disappointing as an 18 year old to be allowed into sound check to see them playing and hearing vocals and guitar solos with no one at the mic or playing them. LOL They're still awesome guys, though.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Stryper are still 'in the game'? Nice!

Robert Sweet's kit comprised of Pearl and Simmons drums had lots of coolness-factor!

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

I haven't heard the "new" album. But I like Acrylic drums. I'll have to check it out.
        8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
        http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

So Acrylic as in = Vista Lites?
          Current: TD-30, TD-12 modules/TD-20 pads
          Previous: TD-3, TD-5, TD-8

Comment

Yea, he's playing Crush acrylics now. You should be able to hear it. lol
            Alan
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Originally posted by hairmetal-81 View Post
              Stryper are still 'in the game'? Nice!
              Damn, those Satan crosses and bottles of piss that we have been throwing at them in 1987, at the Dynamo Open Air festival in Eindhoven (The Netherlands), haven't helped!

Roland TD-30K | Roland PDX-100 (2x) | Roland TDM-20 | Tama HP900PSWN | Tama HH805N | Tama HT530 | Vic Firth | VDrumLib 2.3.0.0 | V Expressions LTD Essentials: Rock, Strike, Giggin' Kits, Top 50 Drummers vol. 1 & 2 | Drum-tec TD-30 Sound Editons (coming soon...)

Comment

Hehehe......

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

Comment

This one's for Knarrenheinz (and all others.)

Giggle at the introduction of the news-lady,
                  then you may or may not ignore the band-talking,
                  and if you hop to about the 4:20 mark, you can enjoy Robert in a video-clip! 'Visual Timekeeper' instead of just Drummer... ;-)

Last edited by hairmetal-81; 11-07-13, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X