This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alan,

Thanks. I havenít changed the set of kits Iíve been using in a few years so I started looking at other kits in the expansions that I have and of course, I started wondering about the Super Natural feature of the TD30 and more specifically the positional sensing of the snare drum. They might be two different things.

I know now there is a lot of tweaking I can do to the kits but Iím not technically astute enough to really know what Iím doing beyond adjusting gain and volume.

There red is a boat load of kits in the expansions that I bought and I am discovering some new ones to try out. Always seeking an acoustic sound that comes through well with my EON615 and my head phones.

Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

"Super Natural" is just a name they gave to the updated engine after bringing in some of their key tech to the TD line. It helped achieve a better realism. This page can explain it better than I can... https://www.rolandus.com/blog/2013/0...-supernatural/

I expect the PS continued working the same during this era. The improvement in playability was most likely simply due to how the engine handled the new processing. (perception)
      Alan
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message | recommendations

Comment

I just bought Strike and looking forward to checking it out. Iíve been a bit stagnant on my kits lately and looking to mix it up a little.
        Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

I tried out all of the kits on Strike this morning and what a huge difference to both the stock kits and the kits I have for the TD20. Way more volume and dynamics. Thanks Alan!

Comment

Thanks go to Chris for that one. Drop him an email through the website to let him know how much you love it.
            Alan
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message | recommendations

Comment

Working...
            X