Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-30 Owners: Importing TD-20, TDW & 20X expansions & backups!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I figured it out. I transferred the TD 20X file into the import directory on the USB stick. Then you hold down the shift Key and press USBMEM. Next you go to kits and select the USB tab. Then you can select the TD20X file that is in the import file. You can then select any kit that is in that backup. In my case I had a kit that we had modified and renamed. Since these were created on the TD 20 it will sound the same as it did on the old machine. If you want to use the new sounds or maybe samples is the better work, on the 30 you need to go in and make a change lets say on the snare. You will have to do this on all the parts of the kit. The 30 will now use the it's samples. I hope that was understandable. Thanks for your reply.
    Last edited by Gbouten; 07-23-18, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gbouten View Post
      I figured it out. I transferred the TD 20X file into the import directory on the USB stick. Then you hold down the shift Key and press USBMEM. Next you go to kits and select the USB tab. Then you can select the TD20X file that is in the import file. You can then select any kit that is in that backup. In my case I had a kit that we had modified and renamed. Since these were created on the TD 20 it will sound the same as it did on the old machine. If you want to use the new sounds or maybe samples is the better work, on the 30 you need to go in and make a change lets say on the snare. You will have to do this on all the parts of the kit. The 30 will now use the it's samples. I hope that was understandable. Thanks for your reply.
      Great! I couldn't remember if a single kit could be "imported".
      Alan
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I've never had a TD-20 but I do have a TD-30, is it possible to import/load TD-20 expansions to a TD-30? Meaning it's not a conversion/import from a TD-20 but loading directly from the website onto a TD-30?
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Idrum4beer View Post
          I've never had a TD-20 but I do have a TD-30, is it possible to import/load TD-20 expansions to a TD-30? Meaning it's not a conversion/import from a TD-20 but loading directly from the website onto a TD-30?
          Thanks
          Yes. Your manual states how. You can download a PDF from Roland.
          Alan
          website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message

Comment

Working...
          X