Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-30 Owners: Importing TD-20, TDW & 20X expansions & backups!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-30 Owners: Importing TD-20, TDW & 20X expansions & backups!

I must get an email every three days asking how to import older 20, TDW & 20X backups into the TD-30. It's written plain as day in the Roland manual and our downloads. Yet, I still get asked way too often. So, it dawned on me to check if there was a sticky. Duh. I doubt this will get read either.

Instructions for importing data to the TD-30 are found on page 110 of the TD-30 manual.

For VEX Customers: Use the TDW2BK file that was downloaded in your zip file(s). We do not provide TDW2BK files for some older expansions. Use the TD20BK file in those instances.

Importing Kit Data from TD-20/TD-20X Backup Data (IMPORT)

Kit data can be imported from TD-20, TD-20X, or TDW-20 backup data. Drum kits backed up by the TD-20 will be loaded into drum kits 150. Drum kits backed up by the TD-20X or TDW-20 will be loaded into drum kits 1100.

Remember to insert the USB flash drive into your TD-30 so it is formatted properly.

1. Find the backup data that you want to import, and copy it to the IMPORT folder of your USB flash drive. This will be found within the Roland directory.

2. Insert your USB flash drive to the TD-30s USB memory port.

3. Press the [USB MEM] button.

4. Press the [F3] (IMPORT) button.

5. Press the [F1] (TD-20) button OR the [F2] (TD-20X) button to specify the type of backup data you chose to copy to the IMPORT folder.

6. Use the [] [+] buttons or the dial to select the backup data that you want to import.

7. Press the [F5] (IMPORT) button. A confirmation message will appear. If you decide to cancel, press the [F1] (CANCEL) button.

8. Press the [F5] (EXECUTE) button. The kit data will be imported from the USB flash drive.

Hope that helps!
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My question is if I purchase the V Expressions from the website specifically the Top 50 Drummers one, can I use it on my TD-30KV and would I do it the same way to install it?
    Roland TD-30KV, Alesis Strike Pro Kit, Tama HW, QSC K10x2, Logic Pro, Toontrack Superior Drummer 3, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre Thunderbolt Interface

Comment

As I answered in your email - yes.
      Alan

Comment

Probably a dumb question, but from the description above, it sounds like you have to replace the existing TD-30 kits (1-50 or 100) with the VEX kits. Isn't there a way to load the expansions to unused (user) kits?

Comment

You can play the kits from the card. Even if you "replace" the default kits, you can still pull the defaults from memory.

And yes, you can copy kits to unused spots.
          Alan

Comment

Question: I bought the TD-12 expansions before it was a combined TD12/20 package. Would I also be able to load these into a TD-30, and would I be missing out on something except extra triggers being assigned? (I have drummers 1/2 and gigging kits).

Comment

Email me.
              Alan

Comment

Having had a td-9 Td-20x Has anyone had a USB memory stick on the td-30 give the error message( USB memory not connected ) their is files on the stick , it won't format wont read but when put in computer it works I can see the mp3 files and the v Expressions this is a brand new TD-30 ???

Comment

Originally posted by carrera4 View Post
                  Having had a td-9 Td-20x Has anyone had a USB memory stick on the td-30 give the error message( USB memory not connected ) their is files on the stick , it won't format wont read but when put in computer it works I can see the mp3 files and the v Expressions this is a brand new TD-30 ???
                  Try formatting the stick at the computer first. Then, try in the module.
                  Alan

Comment

apparently it was a usb 1 old memory stick I had sitting around, also just bought strike from V expressions ,nice very nice I recommend it for the td 30 ,saves a lot of tune time !

Comment

Thanks for this write-up, Alan! I just received my TD-30 (Brain only) and have been struggling to get things working right on it. The 1st problem I had was the TD30 NOT wanting to talk with my USB thumbdrive. I soon discovered that it wouldn't talk to it due to the size of my USB thumbdrive. (128Gb) - I learned that the MAX the TD30 will handle is 32Gb. After I resolved that issue, I tried to get the TD20 Vex files loaded, but was also unsuccessful on that front too! I learned that the files MUST be named: TD20BKxx (xx=1 ~ 8). I had initially renamed the files from the .ZIPS to something that made better English sense. The TD30 did not like that and repeatedly stated there are NO backups until I renamed the files back to their original names. Now I have all 8 of the TD20 files loaded on the USB thumbdrive and usable on the TD30. Just wanted to post this in case anyone else may be having issues! Thanks again for ALL that you do, Alan!!
                      TD-12, TD-8, SPD-S, and a whole bunch of various triggers! ALL Roland stuff :)

Comment

HI, can somebody please help here??

i have just purchased the TD30 and have 9 vex kits for the TD20X, and id like to add them to my TD30, i understand that they need to be converted, but how do i do this, everyone says about adding the TD20X kits to it, but they are already on the TD30 anyway, if you look in the set up page 2 section, ive tried to drag and drop the vex kits into the import file on the usb stick, but then they show when you try to access them on the TD30. why is everything so damn difficult? for what should be so simple??

Comment

Originally posted by Darthand View Post
                          HI, can somebody please help here??

i have just purchased the TD30 and have 9 vex kits for the TD20X, and id like to add them to my TD30, i understand that they need to be converted, but how do i do this, everyone says about adding the TD20X kits to it, but they are already on the TD30 anyway, if you look in the set up page 2 section, ive tried to drag and drop the vex kits into the import file on the usb stick, but then they show when you try to access them on the TD30. why is everything so damn difficult? for what should be so simple??
                          I answered your email. You're naming the files wrong.
                          Alan

Comment

I have read the sticky and I have no problem importing my old TD 20x backup. My question. We have 1 kit on the old back up that we would like to put in the User area. I can load the old kit and play it but would rather have that old drum kit in with the TD 30 back up then I can ditch the old back up. So my question can you extract one drum kit from a TD 20x backup I tried every thing I can think of

Comment

It's been so long, I cannot remember the options... but I think it is possible to save the kit from the old backup as a new kit in the 30 format (a new backup), and then load just that single kit in. Your Roland manual explains how to load a single kit. So, just bring that old kit in, save it as a new backup (30 format), and then use Roland's instructions to load a single kit.
                              Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X