X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-20 Module/Kits Replicated for the TD-12

Hey TD-12 Guys,

Ken at VDrumlib sent me the TD-20 Backup to post for y'all. Unfortunately it doesn't include the Play-along Patterns, but so far it's the closest most of us will get to a TD-20!

Some of the kits will be familiar to you, some identical but the 'other' factory kits aren't too bad at all and I thought you'd welcome the chance to try them out.

NOTE: Even some of the duplicate kits are subtly different!!
    I'm surprised no one thought of doing this already?

I've already converted the file to a sysex for TD-12 use.

Thanks Ken!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by randomrod; 02-23-10, 08:37 AM.

Gonna show my ignorance here.

What should I do with this? If the answer is over on the VdrumLib site, tell me and I'll poke around there.

Yes, just got my TD-12 and am starting the VEX route. First gotta upgrade it to ver 1.1

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
    TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

It's just a TD-20 Backup for you to download to your TD-12. These are the 50 out-of-the-box kits you'd get from a basic unexpanded TD-20. Like I said, some kits are virtually identical to the TD-12 Factory Kits you already get with the module but the 'others' are only available on the TD-20, that is, untill now.

If you already have VDrumlib, this is the same as storing just another pack of 50 kits alongside your other expansion packs.

We're not trying to Boil The Ocean!!
      Last edited by randomrod; 02-23-10, 04:14 PM. Reason: incorrect use of 'the'

Comment

Okay, thanks.

Having just fired up my TD-12 for the first time, I definitely see why people say it's stock kits suck to high heaven. It's no wonder when one sits down to do a side by side comparison of a stock DTXtreme III and a TD-12, the 12 is found wanting.

This will help immensely.

TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

No problem grog.

I've just recommended a S/H TD-10E on ebay to a friend selling his A Gretch Kit. I checked out a few of the VEX samples for that kit on the website.
          It sounds such an awesome kit, I'm curious you wanted a TD-12?

Comment

Yea, there's not much interest for kits from the 20 for the 12. However, there is a little interest for kits from the 12 to the 20. That file is also posted in a sticky if anyone needs it.
            Alan
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message | recommendations

Comment

Originally posted by randomrod View Post
              No problem grog.

I've just recommended a S/H TD-10E on ebay to a friend selling his A Gretch Kit. I checked out a few of the VEX samples for that kit on the website.
              It sounds such an awesome kit, I'm curious you wanted a TD-12?
              That one's easy:

Better cymbal swells, ie, interval control and improved HH response (I have a Hart Epedal Pro II so it's like having a VH-11/12) and I do find the overal VEXed sounds better on the 12 than on the exp TD-10. Plus, with the version upgrade and the ability to "convert" the VEX 20 packages to a 12, it made sense.

I've had my TD-10 for 5 years now, the 12 had what I wanted as an upgrade. It was either that or the DTXreme III but with that, I would have needed a Yamaha HH rig plus spend all the time tweaking the III. The 12 offerred a far easier path to upgrade.

Comment

He now has to choose between a 6 piece, Roland-specific rig also included PM-10 monitor, or a custom rig - 4 x Pintech toms, a Hart snare and a KD-1200, both going for £1200.

What should he do?
                Last edited by randomrod; 02-23-10, 10:43 AM. Reason: 4 pintech toms not 3

Comment

I'm actually surprised that Roland didn't update the factory TD-12 kits to these "TD-20" kits when they issued the firmware update. It kind of makes sense to include some kits that actually use the "new" COSM parameters. So, I'm glad that you posted them here.

For current VDrumLib users, here are the 50 TD-20 kits in the original TD-20 format. These have the instruments for all 15 TD-20 pads so you can pick which 12 you want to use when you convert them to TD-12 format. Click on the picture below if need instructions on converting these to TD-12 format and choosing pad assignments.

Attached Files

Comment

Nicely done.

Comment

I am completely new to this, but is there any difference in the two zip files that are in this thread? I see a difference in the size (and name, of course), but I just bought VDrumLib, downloaded each zip, and am not sure about any differences...

Still waiting to get my TD12 to try everything out, bit thanks for the help already!
                      TD12 module, 2 x PD85, PD105, PD120 (snare), KD120, VH12, 2 x CY12 R/C, CY15, MDS12 rack, DW 9002 pedals

Comment

Originally posted by capone View Post
                        I am completely new to this, but is there any difference in the two zip files that are in this thread? I see a difference in the size (and name, of course), but I just bought VDrumLib, downloaded each zip, and am not sure about any differences...

Still waiting to get my TD12 to try everything out, bit thanks for the help already!
                        The first has already been converted to TD-12 format. The second would need to be converted by VDrumLib as shown above with the advantage mentioned of being able to place extra instruments where you want them. If you have VDrumLib you should be able to examine the differences.

Bruce

Comment

I'll do some more digging and check it out...Thanks for the help, Bart!

Cheers,
                          capone
                          TD12 module, 2 x PD85, PD105, PD120 (snare), KD120, VH12, 2 x CY12 R/C, CY15, MDS12 rack, DW 9002 pedals

Comment

Hey, can someone please explain how one would install this into the TD-12 module? Also, is there an expanded TD-20 version?

Comment

Originally posted by HomeVDrummer View Post
                              Hey, can someone please explain how one would install this into the TD-12 module? Also, is there an expanded TD-20 version?
                              Installed via midi. go to www.vdrumlib.com and check out the help files. there is an expanded td20 versions of vex packs.
                              TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                              ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                              not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Working...
                              X