Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ??

Excuse my total ignorance, but what is VKitTrans? It may be a stupid question, but from what i can gather there's some software out there that i could link my td-8 to a computer and do what? ok, i know i can use a sequencer etc, but is this kind of software to link the td-8 to the sequencer or what??

Thanks for any help, I do like to know at least the basics of what i'm reading about.
    Gear: TD8KV. Tama Superstar http://photobucket.com/albums/d62/Danny_Sticks/
    Bands: www.myspace.com/njoyband
    www.myspace.com/station14

Re: ??

Originally posted by Danny159753
    Excuse my total ignorance, but what is VKitTrans? It may be a stupid question, but from what i can gather there's some software out there that i could link my td-8 to a computer and do what? ok, i know i can use a sequencer etc, but is this kind of software to link the td-8 to the sequencer or what??

Thanks for any help, I do like to know at least the basics of what i'm reading about.
    Danny, Danny, Danny...

What's wrong with you? You don't know what VkitTrans is??? Sheesh! Is this a first or what?

It's software designed by an early vdrums.com member for use with the TD-10. It allow for backups and a means of sharing kits. There is other software which will do this, some free, some not.

There is software available for the TD-8, also done by a member. Check out the posts under that topic or do a search and you should find it. Or, maybe someone here can point it out to you.
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Thanks for enlightening me. For punishment for being so stupid, i should be hung up and whipped to within an inch of my life with a cat'o'nine'tails made from midi cables.

The thing is, my computer is so crap that i've never even considered hooking it up to my drums. My girlfriend is buying a new computer for herself soon though, so i'll soon be 'borrowing' that and moving it into my drumming room and see what I can do!!

Comment

I have a 486 connected to my drums. It's sole purpose is to use vkittrans and sysex97 for PC backups. It takes very little PC for this purpose.
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

ok, i should try and do this then, because i would be pretty gutted if i lost all the late night tweaking that i've been doing on my v's. I'll investigate further, and i presume i'll be able to find a link to the td-8 software somewhere on this thread.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
          X