Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

acoustic drums sound on toms using td-6v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acoustic drums sound on toms using td-6v

Hi everyone

i am trying to get the best accoustic sound on toms with a td-6v sound module.Allthough i have d/loaded VEX and tried alot i still don;t get the sound i am looking for.

Just to get u into what i mean there is an application for iphone called drum kit and i love the sound of this kit especially the toms sound.This is the sound i am looking for ?

i own a td-6kw

Thanks
    Ex E-kits:
    ''Lernean Hydra'' ( a bounche of roland pads with a td-6 module)
    ''Lucy'' (Diamond electronic drums with a td-12 module)
    current E-kit
    ''Cherry Gretschy Lady'' (Gretsch Catalina Ash 6 piece A to E kit-Roland td20 module-A to E cymbals)

A-kit
    " Mrs.Catalina'' (Gretsch Catalina maple 6 piece kit-Paiste signature+Masterwork custom made cymbals)

check out a few videos http://www.youtube.com/user/hampisdrums

no one ?
    Ex E-kits:
    current E-kit
    ''Cherry Gretschy Lady'' (Gretsch Catalina Ash 6 piece A to E kit-Roland td20 module-A to E cymbals)

A-kit
    " Mrs.Catalina'' (Gretsch Catalina maple 6 piece kit-Paiste signature+Masterwork custom made cymbals)

Comment

Which Vexpressions kit packs for the TD-6 did you try? Did you listen to samples of all six packs?

Bruce

Comment

I really think you can get what you're looking for on the TD-6V via VEX kits or even tweaking the module yourself.

However... if you absolutely must have the sounds in your iPhone:

Buy an SPD-S, sample the iPhone sounds into the SPD-S, connect your module via MIDI to the SPD-S to trigger the SPD-S sounds you want.

Convoluted? Yes. I recommend the easier path... using VEX or just tweaking it yourself.
        VDrums: a cluster of bits including TDW-20 and TD-3 modules, KD-85, PD-85(2), PD-8(5), CY-12(3), CY-8(2), CY-5(3), Kit Toys china, all on an MDS-6SL+ rack, SPD-S, VEX, VDL
        ZDrums: a Zendrum ZCSZX
        ADrums: an eight piece Tama Rockstar kit with lots o' Zildjians
        Gender-Conflicted Drums: a stock PDP Chameleon with a few Zildjians (a conversion just waiting to happen... then it can go both ways!)

Comment

Originally posted by TNT View Post
          I really think you can get what you're looking for on the TD-6V via VEX kits or even tweaking the module yourself.

However... if you absolutely must have the sounds in your iPhone:

Buy an SPD-S, sample the iPhone sounds into the SPD-S, connect your module via MIDI to the SPD-S to trigger the SPD-S sounds you want.

Convoluted? Yes. I recommend the easier path... using VEX or just tweaking it yourself.

TNT i don't want to have the sounds in the iphone ,i just want to get on my kit the tom sounds which come with the application for iphone which is called "drum kit"
          Ex E-kits:
          current E-kit

A-kit

Comment

Originally posted by hampis View Post
            TNT i don't want to have the sounds in the iphone ,i just want to get on my kit the tom sounds which come with the application for iphone which is called "drum kit"
            The most appropriate reply that I can come up with is:

Please re-read my original response. Those are your options.
            VDrums: a cluster of bits including TDW-20 and TD-3 modules, KD-85, PD-85(2), PD-8(5), CY-12(3), CY-8(2), CY-5(3), Kit Toys china, all on an MDS-6SL+ rack, SPD-S, VEX, VDL
            ZDrums: a Zendrum ZCSZX
            ADrums: an eight piece Tama Rockstar kit with lots o' Zildjians
            Gender-Conflicted Drums: a stock PDP Chameleon with a few Zildjians (a conversion just waiting to happen... then it can go both ways!)

Comment

Originally posted by TNT View Post
              The most appropriate reply that I can come up with is:

Please re-read my original response. Those are your options.
              u r right i misunderstood what u said,

i guess tweaking is the best way

btw could u recommend any settings to get the best accoustic from the toms

thanks
              Ex E-kits:
              current E-kit

A-kit

Comment

The problem is you are trying to go backward a bit. Vdrums are not made to sound like acoustic drums as herd acoustically. They are made to sound like proper and carefully mic’d acoustic kits. As like a studio recording. It is a hard egg to crack to get them to sound like an un-mic’d acoustic kit.
                TD-6v, (3x)CY-8, (4x)PD-8's (2x)PD-6's (1x)PD-80R (1)KD-8 http://www.cstoliker.com/Drums/

Comment

cstoliker u said what excactly i needed to hear !

It's funny i never thought that they r made to sound only as mic'd accoustic kits and not original accoustic.I've got another general question.

What most could i get, relating to accoustic sound again, if i upgraded to td-12 or td-20 ?

thanks
                  Ex E-kits:
                  current E-kit

A-kit

Comment

Working...
                  X