Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm buying the TD20 but which VEX kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm buying the TD20 but which VEX kit?

Ok, I sold my shares before the crash and now I'm going for the big GAS and buy a TD20 module for my little old TD6. The big question is which VEX kits should I buy. I play in a covers band and we play a very broard spectrium of songs. From Beatles to Green Day..60's 70's 80's 90's 00's, get the picture.
    So my learned TD 20 V drummers what VEX kits do you recommend???
    :D

Moved to the Custom Kits forum for better chance at an answer...

Honestly, I play stuff from the 50's through today's music and I use a little of everything from the Drummer's Dream. There are times I want to sound like the CD and then there are times where I want my own sound. Many expansions in this collection provide that for me. Not only are there "replications", but there are realistic acoustics and then "produced" versions as well. I'm also able to mix and match toms, basses and cymbals from the various expansions as I wish. That's really nice. What's you budget?
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

I recommend Master Picks.

Comment

Master picks is a great choice. A wide palette that you can easily tweak to your own ends.
        sigpic

Comment

I like the Vintage kits alot, it sounds so good and works with alot of stuff, as Allen says you can move some drums around and make some great sounding kits. The Vintage has worked real well for me and I do alot of Blues from the 50, 60, 70, 80 and some Motown stuff, even big Band. This is a great Pack!!! Greg

Comment

A big paws up for the Drummers Dream. It is really a small investment in comparison to the TD20 module and will make a MASSIVE difference. Awesome bang for the buck.

Comment

Should I just get the expansion board or Drummers Dream?

I've run out of GAS so getting both is a bit of a streach at the moment..
              :D

Comment

If you're a gigging drummer, I'd go with the Dream first. I only say this because it will be quite sometime before you'd have a collection available for the EXP card. What could happen is you get the card and then find out you want/need the Dream expansions as well or more. The Dream you can use now AND later. It also gives you time to read some reviews.

Hope that helps!
                Alan
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by amonline View Post
                  If you're a gigging drummer, I'd go with the Dream first. I only say this because it will be quite sometime before you'd have a collection available for the EXP card. What could happen is you get the card and then find out you want/need the Dream expansions as well or more. The Dream you can use now AND later. It also gives you time to read some reviews.

Hope that helps!
                  Said the man who sells VEX kits and not expansion cards!

Just kidding Alan, I would give the same advice, except I am not familiar with "Drummer's Dream". What's the story there?

Yes, I am too lazy to go to the web site.

Comment

I know it can come across that way, but I always give my honest "drummer's" opinion first. SITM, the Dream is a collection of particular expansions - mainly geared around covering the most useful needs.
                    Alan

Comment

Originally posted by amonline View Post
                      I know it can come across that way, but I always give my honest "drummer's" opinion first. SITM, the Dream is a collection of particular expansions - mainly geared around covering the most useful needs.
                      ....and does this extremely well

Comment

Working...
                      X