Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VEX kits on the TD12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VEX kits on the TD12

Well, the waiting's over - just got my TD 12 module this weekend, and I'm having a ball! I have to agree with previous contributors though, who commented that the supplied kits are almost consistently, er, pants (as we say in the UK). So I downloaded the Master Picks 1 set yesterday as a test. The whole process to upload them to the module was trouble-free, and took less than 30 minutes (including the bulk dump), and wow, what a difference. Everything suddenly became 3-dimensional, and what about the realistic cymbals! Obviously I now wish I'd taken advantage of the current VEX offer, as I need to go back and add some more, perhaps from the top 50 drummers set.

Anyway, can I add my praise to everyone else's for the quality of these kits, Alan - great job!

BTW, I'm using 2 CY8s for the crashes, and like to have the 2 zones as 2 different cymbal sounds - do I need to go in and switch off "H & R" to programme new sounds for the bow, or am I being thick?

Thanks for the kind words Grazza!

You could add cymbals to the bow of your triggers if you like. Actually, with VDL you could copy the edge to the bow and then adjust them slightly to different sounds at the module to keep the consitency nice.

If you like those cymbals, you should check out the Studio series. I especially like the cymbals in Studio 2. Although, it would take some creative copying to splice drums from MP with cymbals from Studio.

I'm glad you're enjoying the kits!
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Thanks for the tip, Alan - although as you say the splicing of different kits might be beyond my meagre programming capabilities! I'm certainly trying to keep the rim and bow cymbal sounds "organic" if possibe, but it almost seems philistine to use two different sounds in the first place - obviously more cymbals are required!

I'm particularly thinking of live work with the kits I'm downloading - do you think the studio sets would be as appropriate for stage use as the top drummers?

Comment

Oh yes, I use the Studio series tons more than the T50 kits. The T50 kits are a little 'dated' for todays sounds. I always suggest the Producer's Pack for live drummers first and foremost.
        Alan
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

OK...looks like that'll be a sale on the Producer's Pack then! I then have the interesting task of short-listing 50 kits from the loads I'll have available - bang goes the weekend...

Comment

PM for you.
            Alan

Comment

Working...
            X