Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Audio uno and VDrumlib issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M-Audio uno and VDrumlib issue

I've installed the drivers for my new M-Audio lead and are trying and failling misserabley to use it to install VEX kits to my Td12. The lead has been inisiailised but it does not appear on the drop down list in VDrumlib it only shows "none or MicrosoftGS wavetable SW Synth". Am i doing something wrong? It's starting to really p*ss me off ! I want to get the VEX kits on and have a go.

Any quick reply with assistance would really be appreciated .

Thanks,

New Boy
    Hart Acupads with e-cymbals, E-Pedal II linked to a Td12.

"All the gear, no idea":)

Any body out there?

Comment

Originally posted by New Boy View Post
      Any body out there?
      Sorry, I am not that great with computers and cannot really help you.

However, I can suggest that you be a bit more patient. 36 minutes between requests is not a long time. Many members on this forum are spread around the Earth and everyone is in different time zones.

So... give it a day or so. You can be sure that someone here will help you, given a little time.
      VDrums: a cluster of bits including TDW-20 and TD-3 modules, KD-85, PD-85(2), PD-8(5), CY-12(3), CY-8(2), CY-5(3), Kit Toys china, all on an MDS-6SL+ rack, SPD-S, VEX, VDL
      ZDrums: a Zendrum ZCSZX
      ADrums: an eight piece Tama Rockstar kit with lots o' Zildjians
      Gender-Conflicted Drums: a stock PDP Chameleon with a few Zildjians (a conversion just waiting to happen... then it can go both ways!)

Comment

What OS are you using? I'm using XP with mine and I don't think I had to install any drivers. Everything works fine.
        TD-12S-BK, CY-15, Simmons SDS-1 pad, Iron Cobra HP900TWL Pedals, Simmons DA200S

Comment

New Boy, there are known issues with some drivers for the UNO. You can try uninstalling the UNO, downloading and installing the LATEST drivers from M-Audio and THEN reconnecting your UNO to see if it works.

There are many posts during the past year that have lead to the UNO having issues that did not exist before. Most of us think that M-Audio changed something in the driver or a conflict arose with a Windows update. This is why we started recommending the Roland/Edirol UM-1EX this past fall.

Hopefully, if the driver issue cannot be fixed, you can return the UNO. If you need more help, drop Ken an email at VDL. He can quickly sort out if you are going to get the UNO working or not.
          Alan
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Originally posted by New Boy View Post
            ...The lead has been inisiailised but it does not appear on the drop down list in VDrumlib it only shows "none or MicrosoftGS wavetable SW Synth".
            This means that the driver has not been installed. I have a feeling that windows found the WRONG driver, so it is not installed as a MIDI device, but just a USB composite device, or something else.

You didn't say what operating system you are running, but here is a link to the install instructions for Windows XP SP2:
            http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...a8f3bcc8849bb8

If that isn't the correct OS, then you need to just find the correct one on M-Audio's website, or contact M-Audio's customer support so that they can point you in the right direction for installing drivers for their cable on your computer.

-SD-

Comment

Thanks for coming back to me. I sorted it out in the end. Silicon drummer was right it was a driver issue. I uninstalled the driver that came with the Uno and downloaded the latest one of their site.

Aplolgies if I sounded impatient, I was sat in my garage with everything set up and was looking forward to hearing my VEX kits!

New Boy

Comment

I've opted to follow Jon's advice to be safe. Went with the Edirol UM-1EX USB MIDI connector. Wanted to be safe rather than sorry. I'll return the M-Audio adapter upon receipt for a refund.

Question: The Roland TD-3 module is equipped with both MIDI-IN and MIDI-OUT ports. Does this mean that you can connect the Edirol UM-1EX USB device to the PC and to the MIDI-IN port on the TD-3 module and hear the EZ Drummer kit sounds through headphones plugged into the Roland TD-3 module (instead of the standard TD-3 pad sounds)? OR will it only enable you to hear the EZ Drummer kit sounds as output from the PC soundcard? I'm using an X-fi XtremeGamer Fatality Pro with ASIO support.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X