Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V Expression (VEX) Td-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V Expression (VEX) Td-8

What is V Expression (VEX)? Is it a setting in the Roland Td-8? Or is it an update?
    Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

VEX kits (V expression kits) are new files that you can BUY and load onto your module to replace the roland stock kits. They are (usually) far superior in terms of realism compared to the roland stock kits. Have a look at the following

http://vexpressionsltd.proboards51.c...splay&thread=3

and see the vexpressions web site at...

http://www.vexpressionsltd.com/

(Alan, surely I'm due some commission now! )

Comment

I have to say I had bought the elite set of kits when it first came out and was impressed , but the the new master 50 drummers set I bought last week is amazing for the TD-8. Excellent work guys.

Also while I am complimenting, the new vdrumlib v2.10 is awesome! I was able to transfer my old td-6 church kits to my new td-8 at church and create a custom set of those kits, the elite, the master 50 and some kits I designed and even a few factory kits, the best of all of them. What a great tool. Again excellent work!

they are both well worth the money spent.
      Ekit 1 - Td8, 4xpd9, 1xpd7, 1xkd8, 2xcy8, 1xcy6, 3xpintechcymbals, 1xpintech snare, 1xoctapadII
      Ekit 2 - (church kit) td10, 5xpd8, 1kd8, 1xpintechcymbal, 2xCy8, 1xpd85b
      Ekit 3 - double bass retrofitted Tama Techstar DIY mesh kit.
      Ekit 4 - 1xDrumkat 3.5, 1xemu procussion
      Akit 1 - 6pc Mapex Orion Series, teal birdseye maple

Comment

If you're in the market, start with the M50. The VEX guys probably wouldn't be happy with me for saying it, but this collection will probably meet all your needs. I have several packs and only use the M50 and Brushes packs, besides one or two from the other collections. The other thing to consider is the cost savings if you buy more than one VEX pack. The new bundle pricing looks really good.
        . digitalDrummer
        Review index

Comment

Originally posted by Swaledale View Post
          (Alan, surely I'm due some commission now! )
          You're getting close.
          Alan
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Alan, guess I've blown my chances of commissions - except on M50s, perhaps!
            . digitalDrummer
            Review index

Comment

Working...
            X