Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dannii's TD20 and TD12 custom kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dannii's TD20 and TD12 custom kits

In the attachments below, you'll find six kits I created for my TD12 and a few for my TD20 (three expanded and two non expanded kits).

UPDATE (17th March 2010) - Kits now uploaded here on vdrums forum.

PLEASE NOTE - All of these kits are mapped to suit my kit (see my image gallery in my profile for details). These kits will more than likely ALL need to be remapped to suit your setup. Treat these all as sounds you can assign to your kit as necessary.
    Also keep in mind, the TD20 kits are all designed for my dual module (TD12 and TD20) setup. Many of the cymbal sounds I use come from my TD12 while most of the snare, hats, rides and toms are from the TD20.

Here's the details....

TD20 kits

The first three are TD20 expanded kits
    1: Dannii EX1
    2: Dannii EX2
    3: Dannii EX3

The next two are TD20 non expanded kits
    4: Dannii Warm
    5: Dannii Room

These last two are my midi maps for use with Superior Drummer 2. The first one is TD20 kick and hihat with SD2 sounds and the last one is SD2 sounds only.
    PLEASE NOTE - These kits are mapped to my drum kit and my install of SD2. They will most likely NOT match your own mapping if you use SD2.
    6: SD2 TDhh+kik
    7: Superior 2

TD12 kits

SP Studio 01
    This kit is the first one I created for my TD12. It is a punchy, modern studio kit in a small room ideal for general purpose recording and live work.

SP Studio 02
    This kit is a bigger sounding variation on SP Studio 01. The snare is one of my favourites and is nice and 'cracky', the kick is big and deep with lots of subsonic 'feel factor' and the toms are rich and full. The room is very large. Ambience can be adjusted to taste on your module.

SP Studio 03
    This kit is similar to SP Studio 02 but with a fatter rather than snappier snare and a slightly different kick. It is another studio kit in a small but very 'present' room and sounds very acoustic.

SP Bonham
    This kit is a significantly enhanced version of the stock TD12 'Zeppy' kit. I was a bit of a Led Zeppelin fan so I have combined my studio recording experience with my knowledge of Led Zep sounds to fatten up the 'Zeppy' kit. The kick is much more defined, the snare is richer, the cymbals are fatter and the toms are warmer. Think, "Misty Mountain Hop"

SP Mallets
    This kit has been created mainly for doing realistic cymbal swells with mallets. The toms and snare are also set up with realistic mallet sounds.
    I spent a considerable amount of time recreating the harmonic response of acoustic cymbals as the mallets are moved from the center to the outside edge and played with different dynamics.
    The ride cymbal in particular is very realistic in response and sound, particularly if you have a CY12 R/C, or a CY15 R.

SP Brushes
    This kit is an enhanced version of the stock TD12 'Brushes' kit with significantly enhanced snare brush sweep response. I have also done some tweaks to the cymbals to make them more consistent when played with brushes.
    Adjust your snare sensitivity and threshold for best response to get the most out of this kit. Generally, a high sensitivity setting and a low threshold works best.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SuperPuss; 03-17-10, 11:54 AM.

I would very much value any feedback from those of you who decide to give these kits a try. If you guys enjoy them, I'll post more as I create them and will use your feedback to create new kits.

Comment

OK, so I've registered, and now I still can't download. Please attache the zip file straight here...

Thanks
      A-kit:

E-kit:[B]

Comment

Did you respond to your registration email?
        http://www.superpuss.com.au/forum/announcement.php?f=12

The system is exactly the same as the registration process here at vdrums.com

Comment

I have manually activated those who did not reply to the confirmation email as long as their usernames match their vdrums.com usernames and I have updated the information in multiple places about responding to this email. Please check your junk mail folder if the email is not in your inbox.

As I mentioned above, it is the exact same simple process you went through to register here on vdrums.com.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPuss View Post
            I have manually activated those who did not reply to the confirmation email as long as their usernames match their vdrums.com usernames and I have updated the information in multiple places about responding to this email. Please check your junk mail folder if the email is not in your inbox.

As I mentioned above, it is the exact same simple process you went through to register here on vdrums.com.
            Hey SP, I registered too but never received an automated email response in any of my email folders. I'm thinking that maybe sometimes with automated email responses the recipient has to put the email address of the sender in their address book for the email to get through?
            My Electronics Gear:
            Roland Rack
            Modules-TD5, TD12:)
            Drums- 1 PD-120, 3 PD-100's,Pacific Chameleon Kit with mesh heads and homemade crossbar internal triggers
            Pads-1 PD9,4 PD8's,KD7 Kick,KD8 Kick
            Cymbals- 2 CY-14's, 1 CY-15, 1 CY-5, 2 CY6's, Pintech 10"&16"
            VST - EZ Drummer, Superior Drummer

Comment

Cool!
              I've registered and downloaded...can't check 'em out until next week but I'll let you know when I've had a go
              On YouTube: Playing Drum'n'Bass live with TD12 and SPD-S: Gig in Budapest
              With TD20-KX on SoundCloud
              Now sporting a TD30KV kit....
              "Trust Me, I'm a Professional"

Comment

Originally posted by laystay View Post
                Hey SP, I registered too but never received an automated email response in any of my email folders. I'm thinking that maybe sometimes with automated email responses the recipient has to put the email address of the sender in their address book for the email to get through?
                Yeah, it seems some email systems are very difficult to work with. I have set things up now so people who have not received their email can still send me a private message. As long as I know they are real people and not bots, I can manually confirm their status just like I did with your registration.
                Originally posted by sox View Post
                Cool!
                I've registered and downloaded...can't check 'em out until next week but I'll let you know when I've had a go
                Awesome! Looking forward to hearing your feedback

Comment

i've registered!
                  http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...760#post301760
                  :cool:
                  ;)

Comment

Originally posted by mystic fred View Post
                    i've registered!
                    Cool stuff Fred.

Comment

Update - I just added a link (in my first post in this thread) to a video clip where I am using SP Studio 2 kit.
                      For ease of reference, I'll post the link HERE too.
                      Some of you will have already seen this clip but not known it is one of the kits I posted above.

Comment

i've had fun trying out Titania's custom kits, they're amazing!

from dry studio to the heavy Bonzo there is much to explore, the only teeny criticism i would make is that i like plenty of clannngggg on my snare rim, but of course that can be fixed - well done Superpuss!
                        ;)

Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback Fred
                          I have plans to create plenty more kits so I'll be sure to add a nice clangy rimshot to some of those snares
                          The snare on SP Studio 02 should have a fair amount of clang already. Is that the sort of 'clang' you are referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPuss View Post
                            Thank you so much for your feedback Fred
                            I have plans to create plenty more kits so I'll be sure to add a nice clangy rimshot to some of those snares
                            The snare on SP Studio 02 should have a fair amount of clang already. Is that the sort of 'clang' you are referring to?
                            sort of, but more like........KER-LAAANNGGGGG!!

or a "D'yer mak'er" snare...

Last edited by mystic fred; 04-23-08, 07:02 AM.
                            ;)

Comment

Originally posted by mystic fred View Post
                              sort of, but more like........KER-LAAANNGGGGG!!

or a "D'yer mak'er" snare...

Now the bold bit I can relate to
                              Looks like some more Led Zep kits are on the cards. That's fine by me

Comment

Working...
                              X