This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by figital View Post
    i just wanted to chime in here! i downloaded all the kits people had shared for the td-12/td-20.

i am just getting started on programming myself, so i might have something to share soon!
    I'm a little confused ... Are td-12 kits compatible with the td-20? Just upgraded from a td-9 to a td-20 and I'm interested in trying out some users kits while I save up some money for VEX.

I have done some searching on here but i'm actually having trouble using the search. "td-20" comes up with no results at all.

Comment

Originally posted by mjccox View Post

I'm a little confused ... Are td-12 kits compatible with the td-20? Just upgraded from a td-9 to a td-20 and I'm interested in trying out some users kits while I save up some money for VEX.

I have done some searching on here but i'm actually having trouble using the search. "td-20" comes up with no results at all.
      It is possible to convert TD-12 sysex files over to the TD-20 or 20X version TD0 with VDrumLib. However, these are the only modules where this is possible. 9 > 20 is not possible.

Just to clarify, the former can also be converted to the 30, but must go through the last/additional conversion portion at the module.
      Alan
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Anyone got any TD 15 kits, I need some trigger tips to for my kit! I have the TD-15KV kit.

Comment

I have put together a kit for the TD-11KV which I believe sounds quite decent when playing early-mid 70's Queen. I just have one crash, so I use the ride for both crash 2 and ride by not linking the sounds. I will share as soon as I get back to my computer.

Having said this, does anybody have other kits for the TD11? I just see TD30s and 15s here so I feel a bit left out...
          Roland TD-11KV, DW9000 pedals, Gibraltar 6608 motorcycle throne, AKG K240 Studio.

Comment

Originally posted by ScuuM View Post
            . . . .Having said this, does anybody have other kits for the TD11? I just see TD30s and 15s here so I feel a bit left out...

You know ScuuM, a while ago I was looking for TD-11 kits and posted a request for such (I've since upgraded to a TD-15). I never did get and responses so I VEXed my 11 which I have to say was a major improvement – the VEX guys do a great job at getting the best out of any native Roland sounds. I'd consider going that route. It will cost you a few bucks but I promise you will be pleased.

I suspect when Alan started this "sticky" he was expecting way more interest, input, and member postings/uploads. Six pages after eight years doesn't seem like it gets too much attention. Maybe things will change but if history repeats. . . .

Good luck and happy drumming.

Comment

^ That's pretty much spot on. This thread was created to encourage others to get to know their module and share their creations. All I ask is that our members not share our hard work from VEX.
              Alan
              website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message

Comment

I see EssKayKay. I got overexcited when I saw this thread, but when you put it like that (8 yrs, 6 pages)... I am actually surprised, but hey it is what it is. I like tweaking with stuff and probably spend more time reading about it than actually playing

In any case, here is the one I promised. Disclaimer: Donīt expect anything too fancy, but it works for me as a generic one. Plus, sharing here feels good!

Alan, I actually checked your web before. I will check it out again together with the samples. It is commendable that you devote time to doing this. That shows how much you like drumming!
                Attached Files
                Roland TD-11KV, DW9000 pedals, Gibraltar 6608 motorcycle throne, AKG K240 Studio.

Comment

Hi ScuuM! I just got a TD11. You are not alone.
                  Roland TD11KV - Pearl 3002D Double Pedals - Gibraltar Throne - Headhunter Sticks - No VSTs/DAWS because I am clueless about them. :D

Comment

Hey feelingducky! Good to know I am not alone in this world!!!! 😂

Comment

anything for the TD17 yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by kontroldkhaos View Post
                        anything for the TD17 yet ?
                        You can always buy from VEXpressions or get creative & start sharing. Then you will be the first

Take care
                        Cheers,

Roland TD-50KV / SPD-SX / Superior Drummer 3

Comment

I've played drums for 20+ years and most of those on acoustic drum kits. I held off on electronic drum kits until the TD-17 came out because it was the first kit I felt hit a great compromise between cost and playability.

That said, the first thing I noticed was that all of the preset kits sounded like what producers and mixing engineers like, but not what a kit actually sounds to me when I'm sitting on the drum throne. The following 11 kits are variations of the preset kits assigned, leveled, tuned and de-muffled to my tastes. Most notably, cymbals are loud, and hitting anything causes the snare strainer to resonate.

Kits:

#1 Studio Kit
                          #2 Vegan (all wood)
                          #3 Rock
                          #4 Funk
                          #5 Jazz (big band)
                          #6 Jazz (compact)
                          #7 Prog
                          #8 Folk
                          #9 Lo-Fi
                          #10 808
                          #11 909