• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a Td- 15 kit I made
    Attached Files

Comment

TD9v2 kits

Here are a couple of Funk/Jazz kits for the TD9v2. Please make save your current configuration, somewhere on a PC (using a filename including a date or versionnr). Load this backup in VDrumLib, add all of them to the 'new' library, then load this file and add those kits to the new library. Save and load it into the TD9.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by djska; 06-19-13, 03:44 PM.
      E-kit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpx92wez8v...3558.jpg?raw=1
      A-kit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxkwbj1rv7...345-1.jpg?raw=1
      TD-30, KT10, PD-105/125, 13" DIY + BT-1, VH-11/CY14/15/5, PM-30, HD-280 Pro

Comment

Hello All,

I am pretty new to the roland experince. and I owned a TD-11 a few months ago. I ve mde some custom kits but I want to try a third eye's custom kit as well. Can you share your kits configuration? I am a more Rock, Hard Rock, Metal guy.

Thanks.

Comment

Does anyone have any great td 12 kits for use in a classic rock band?
          Module- 1 TD 12
          Pads- 3 pd 85s, 2 pd 105s, 1kd 85
          Cymbals VH 11, 2 cy 12s 1 cy 6, 1 Yamaha pcy150s Iron Cobra dbl pedal
          1 JBL Eon 515xt powered speaker. Also plenty of VEXkits to choose from.

Comment

I just upgraded to the TD30 and here's the first kit I made. It's modeled on the "Amen Break" kit (from the song Amen, Brother)

Read the txt file for info on pad assignments
            Attached Files
            TD10 kit, VH11, sticks, beer

Comment

Is there anything that I can use on a TD-10/TW-1? Most of what I see is oriented to be used on everything else except that module. I know is old. But I have invested a lot in my electronic setup and changing the module is not in my near future. Could it be possible to try those files in the TD10?. I have the Vdrumlib with license.
              Ludwig Classic Drums (My first, and still, love). TD-4 frame with a PD-120 on stand, 2 KD-8 pads with splitter cable and 2 DW3000, 2 PDX-8, 2 PDX-6, 2 CY-12R/C, CY-13R/C CY-15R/C, VH-11, CY-5 and a TD-20X Module.

Comment

Yes I just bought some TD-10X kits from vex and wondered if I was able to convert other modules kits using Vdrumlib ?
                Roland TD8KV with TD-10 Expanded Brain. KT-10. PD-120. PD-100 x 2. PD-80 x 2. Extra CY-12 cymbal. VH-11. TDM-10, NE-10. Korg PA-800. Roland XP-30. Yamaha Clavinova CLP-970. Mackie Mixing desk. Genelec Monitors.

Comment

10X kits will only work on the 10X.
                  Alan
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

TD-30 Module SINGLE KIT FILE - Ringo Starr's Ludwig "Super Classic" Set

Attached please find a single kit file you can load to any slot in your TD-30 without disturbing anything else you've got set-up. Just pick an empty UserKit slot and load it using the KitLoad feature.

This kit closely simulates Starr's Super Classic as played on (most) Beatles albums. I've researched a number of sources dedicated to figuring out exactly which equipment he used (which isn't too hard in most cases since he was a loyal Ludwig customer who owned a surprisingly few number of kits over his Beatles years) and worked carefully to replicate the materials and sounds heard on Beatles records.

A few notes worth sharing:

- Ringo almost always played a simple kit with one tom (9x13) mounted to the kick bass (14x22 in the Super Classic kit) and one floor tom (16x16). I've assigned both Tom1 and Tom2 to the smaller tom and Tom3 and Tom4. If you want to play old Beatles tunes, don't reach for any additional toms you might have in your own kit.

- Ringo's snare was a subject of some mystery but some good research has been assembled on the web. See: http://www.ringosbeatlekits.com I've selected the closest match among the TD-30 snare instruments and sized it at 5.5 x 14, editing the parameters accordingly,

- Cymbals are also a murky area. He played a 14" hihat and an 18" and 20" - one with rivets for that trademark sizzle. All selections are respectful of those Starr standard cymbal choices.

- Ringo was a lefty who played a "right-handed" kit (i.e., he set it up like a right-handed player). His left-handed-ness explains why a lot of his tom rolls go "backwards" to one might typically expect. Anyhow, I set up the pan settings to be respectful of his positioning. (FWIW, I'm a lefty who plays a "left-handed" kit so on my own TD-30 I've got the pans aligned where my drums actually sit accordingly. But I've spared you such aural confusion by switching the pans properly for your right-handed use. If you're a true lefty player, I'll gladly send you the version of this kit file I personally use.

Ok, so after getting the instrument selections straight, I then tweaked them painstakingly by running through a good number of Beatles tunes in headphones while adjusting the parameters on the TD-30. The specific tunes I tweaked for included: The End (drum solo), Sgt Peppers, Help!, Get Back, Come Together, She Came in Through the Bathroom Window, Can't Buy Me Love, Revolution, and Something.

As you can appreciate, George Martin did amazing things with EQ, compression and gating, which is where a lot of the Beatles' "sound" came from. Ringo was well known for doing his own somewhat amazing things with towels, blankets, cigarette packs, etc. to shape and muffle to his own taste in pre-production. The challenge in trying to mimic this combination was tricky, but between TD-30 instrument-level EQ and compression features, I think I got fairly close.

I went easy on the ambiance settings - kept it on the dry side. You can easily dial in whatever you like for those, but that's so different on each track that you'll need to raise/lower your ambiance slider accordingly anyhow.

By now you should be getting the sense that it is extremely difficult to pick any one single sounding kit as "the" definitive Ringo Starr/Beatles drum kit sound. Hopefully, I've gotten close enough such that if you play along using this kit file attachment you'll blend in fairly well with the Beatles tune you're listening to in your headphones. The TD-30's USB wav/mp3 playing features (including the A/B loop) make this a lot of fun.

After all the tweaking, the irony is that on a stand-alone basis, the Beatles "drum sound" doesn't really sound all that great. I say this as a truly devoted life-long Beatles fan. But objectively speaking, if you listen to Beatles drum sounds on today's CD quality releases in good headphones, you will be underwhelmed by the audio fidelity. While it was clearly the glue that held the sound together throughout the Beatles' recording history, the drumming was never really the central focus of the music. And even when there's that rare drum solo or fill-in that we all remember so well, the acoustic sound quality of the recording was not particularly awesome by itself.

Alas, the drum playing was what it was (actually, pretty darn great despite the audio quality) and it's fun to figure out what Ringo did on each of these classic tunes. As the master of understatement, he often did less than you might think - but that was the pinnacle of his tastefulness. And the fact is, what he did play was very often NOT easy to execute, especially as sharply and impeccably as he did ... so go ahead and try it for yourself and your respect for Ringo's musicianship will grow immensely.

If you really want to try playing along with Beatles tunes, you'll enjoy trying this attached kit file on your TD-30 - it very closely approximates the sound of Ringo's drums on many, if not most, of the recordings. Warning: if you want to play a really GREAT sounding stand-alone drum kit, this probably isn't the file for you!

I had a lot of fun researching and tweaking these parameters for my own enjoyment. Thought some of you other TD-30 owners might get a kick out of it too.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by OneWatt; 09-16-14, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Here are 8 kits for the TD-30, for modern drumming, funk, fusion, contemporary jazz, acoustic d'n'b, afro-funk, reggae or solid groove.

None make use of EQ nor Comp, only quite neutral room and overheads, hardly a short reverb.

You'll probably have to swap elements around, sorry about that :
                      - snare 2 is on aux4,
                      - crash1 (left) is on aux3
                      - crash 2 is on aux 1
                      - A second ride is on aux2
                      - bells of crash 2 and second ride on split crash2
                      - percussion on split crash1

But the main meal remains kick-snare-hihat-toms-ride so you'd get and idea if you want to go further or not

Have fun

Attached Files

Comment

hi all, Here are two banks of brand spanking new TD-25 kits and a link to minus drums play alongs with and without click of the Trap Set album 'Thingamejig'...enjoy. Stick all the songs on a USB stick, expand the zip onto the same USB stick, load the backup for all the kits then load the play along song then the same named kit and go nutz...

Album playalong link...

https://www.facebook.com/Trapsetband?ref=hl

kits...

enjoy

Attached Files

Comment

i just wanted to chime in here! i downloaded all the kits people had shared for the td-12/td-20. all of them loaded in vdrum lib ok and went right to my module.

big thanks to all the creators!

for me, a lot of my practice/playing since getting the td-12 is just picking a pattern (i added a whole bunch of my own) and then picking a kit to go with it and then just grooving. so all of the kits were really cool. since they all sound new and fresh, it's great to just have the chance to change them up and push the mileage of the rather limited built in sequencer/synth sounds. i am an old school roland guy and it makes me laugh as the synth in the td-12 brain is basically about 1/2 of an MT-32. ;-) if you know what that is, you'll laugh!

i am just getting started on programming myself, so i might have something to share soon!

Comment

Hey here's another one for the TD-30 : Modern Jazz

If you like what you hear on contemporary jazz records and feel frustrated the jazz kits on the TD-30 quite all sound old fashion, maybe this is something for you.

Recently I've been watching the very impressive Antonio Sanchez on the DVD Hudson Music recored with him (http://www.hudsonmusic.com/product/m...tonio-sanchez/) It's a really interesting and very serious insight into contemporary jazz drumming and Antonio Sanchez is very dedicated to the didactic task here.

The kit is inspired by Sanchez's kit the way it is recorded on this video, and I'm happy I managed to really use the EQ to make the toms sound like toms with a deep and natural dynamic. I must say I didn't really get into customizing the cymbals yet, but I think it's as is.

The more I learn to use the EQ on the TD-30, the more I'm happy with the sound!

Anyway you'll have to adapt to your set up (swap elements) because here's what's on my kit for reasons I explained elsewhere :
                            - snare 2 is on aux4,
                            - crash 2 is on aux 1

Attached Files

Comment

wrong post

Comment

Originally posted by happy_dude View Post
                                Hey here's another one for the TD-30 : Modern Jazz

If you like what you hear on contemporary jazz records and feel frustrated the jazz kits on the TD-30 quite all sound old fashion, maybe this is something for you.

Recently I've been watching the very impressive Antonio Sanchez on the DVD Hudson Music recored with him (http://www.hudsonmusic.com/product/m...tonio-sanchez/) It's a really interesting and very serious insight into contemporary jazz drumming and Antonio Sanchez is very dedicated to the didactic task here.

The kit is inspired by Sanchez's kit the way it is recorded on this video, and I'm happy I managed to really use the EQ to make the toms sound like toms with a deep and natural dynamic. I must say I didn't really get into customizing the cymbals yet, but I think it's as is.

The more I learn to use the EQ on the TD-30, the more I'm happy with the sound!

Anyway you'll have to adapt to your set up (swap elements) because here's what's on my kit for reasons I explained elsewhere :
                                - snare 2 is on aux4,
                                - crash 2 is on aux 1

It was really good! Tnx

Comment

Working...
                                X