This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beanster View Post
    One more question ..... if I were to buy into the vex expressions packs, does the vdrum lib come with any of those?
    Doesn't come with them...but there is a link on the Vex site.

http://vexpressionsltd.com/index.html
    8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Ouch.

I do NOT have vdrum Lib and my Mac will not open the trial version .... geez ...
      Why won't your mac open the trial version? What kind of Mac do you have and what OS X version are you running?

-SD-

Comment

I have an iMac 24 inch 2010 version running Mountain Lion.

Comment

I have an iMac 24 inch 2010 version running Mountain Lion.
          Then you should have no problem with the trial. i am guessing that you have the default Gatekeeper settings which will allow you to only install applications that are purchased through the app store. If that is the case, you can either change those settings to something less restrictive, or just manually override Gatekeeper by Control-clicking the app and choosing to open it.

-SD-

Comment

SD you are spot on.

That is exactly what the message says.

Where do I find gatekeeper and override the default settings?

Comment

Whoa, I just opened it ..... wow

Now the question remains, how do I take a shared kit from the vdrum forum and put it on the compact flash card to where the td-20x reads it? LOL

Comment

Now the question remains, how do I take a shared kit from the vdrum forum and put it on the compact flash card to where the td-20x reads it? LOL
                Well, I already gave you a link to the instructions in post #40. But, here it is again: http://www.vdrumlib.com/convert_kits.html

In general, since you have a TD-20X, you need to make sure that the module selection in step #1 is "TD-20EXP". Then just follow the steps to open any of the files. If they the need to be converted, then VDL will give you a warning message saying that they need to be converted. Just say yes and follow the rest of the steps. If the kits are already in TD-20X format, then they will just load without the "need to convert" warning.

After the kits are loaded into VDL, they will appear on a list on the left side of the window. You need to choose the ones that you want from the left, and add them to the new library list on the right side of the window. When you are done populating your new library, then you need to save them to a new .TD0 file. Here is a link to a step by step version of the same instructions: http://www.vdrumlib.com/manage_kits.html

Finally, once you have all your kits saved in a .td0 file, you can just transfer via the instructions that I posted earlier. Here is a link: http://www.vdrumlib.com/save_td0.html

BTW, here is the the table of contents to all of the help pages for VDrumLib: http://www.vdrumlib.com/help.html

-SD-

Comment

Good morning SD

To say thank you would be the understatement of the year.

I will follow those steps again (I thought that I had, which is why I am confused) and see where something slipped through the cracks in my process.

That is a nicely detailed answer and I really appreciate that, being computer challenged like I am ....

Comment

anyone with TD-30 tweated kit to share? thanks.

Comment

Yea I'm wondering if anyone has anything sick for the TD30 as well.

Are the vex kits for the td30 still coming out this month? That website doesn't seem to be really functioning
                      TD30KV-addictive drums-ableton live
                      Korg Triton-Gibson SG special-Pedulla custom 5 string thunderbass

Comment

Yup, and what the hell are you talking about? It works for me... daily. lol
                        Alan
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

my kit td 30 maple kit

heres a kit i sorta created from the td 30. it is called maplekit. i will warn you that the eq may be on the bright side because i use a bbe and have it all set up for such but you can go into the master eq and set it to your liking. aux 2 and 3 are set up with octobans . you can scroll through the instrument list to see whats assigned to the other pads.
                          any feedback is welcome to how it can be made better. let me know what you think.
                          Attached Files
                          Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Here is my first kit, and i'm quite happy with it! :-) It's a acoustic kit with meaty tom's a "full" snare, and set up with 16" and 17" crashes, and a dark meaty ride (22").
                            I'm gonna use this kit as my base for 80% of what i play - i'm gonna tweak more, for sure - but i think it's a great allround kit for many musical genres.

Check it out, and let me know what you think :-)

Ps. I just had the backup-file here at work...

Use Kgoroway's software TD30Browser, found here to load the kit into your own backup-file:
                            http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...-Browser/page6
                            Attached Files
                            Income taxes makes more liars than fishing!

Comment

Anyone got any TD 15 kits? Looking for a Rammstein 'ish kit.

Comment

How about any TD-11 kits?

Comment

Working...
                                X