Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got any foo fighter esque kits they are willing to share???

Cheers!!
    TD9-KX2, VEX Masters 50, Toolbox, Naturals & Acustix. Many many Guitars, Bass Guitars & Mics, and a very understanding Wife!
    MacBook Pro 2.8ghz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM. Line 6 UX8.

Comment

Uploading Custom Kits to share.

Hi

I finally got all my kit and VDrumLib, so I was going to publish some kits I've been working on. I've produced them on a TD-9 based setup, with an extra crash and tom.
      The kits come as a compressed .RAR file, with a .TD9 file (one original kit per file at the Kit No 99 position), a doc & txt file with a brief description and a couple of MP3s demonstrating the individual pad sounds and a TD9 drum riff playback.

What Im not sure about is how to attach the RAR file to this post... or should I be doing this another way???

Ooooo, I think I just found it. Lets hope Ive done it correctly... uploader wont accept RAR files? Or files over 1mb? Ive created 2 zip files.

Here is the description...

Kit No: 99
      Kit Name: SchoolKt
      Kit Sub-title: SJ_Challoner

Date: 2012-04-17

Description:
      Richard Challoner School Old Drum Kit.
      This “Old School Kit”, isn’t in fact some hip-hop style drum kit, but rather the old crusty drum kit they had at my old school.
      The kit was made up from bits and pieces. The snare and bass drum were marching band, but someone had put the bass on the floor and added a pedal. There was an old crash cymbal, and I made up the hi hat using a pair of marching band hand held cymbals bolted together on a cymbal stand (no pedal action).
      The kit never had toms or a ride, but if it had, I imagine that this is what they would have sounded like.
      The kit sound is rough, loose, slack, noisy and live. Possible uses might be where you want to recreate a “cheap” sound, very unpolished, like a “school band”.
      The open hi hat “rim” uses the hand cymbal samples, so you’ll need to be careful using that, as it sounds very, very raw. The open hi hat “head” uses a standard hi hat sample so you can always use that for a less aggressive sound.
      The ambience is set to recreate an empty schoolroom.

Well hope someone tries this first Kit out and lets me know what they think.

2012-08-29_14.19.00
      Ive just included a photo of my kit setup which ill be using to create custom kits from now on. To access all of the kit sounds at the same time youll need a TD-9 with an extra Tom 4 and Crash 2.

Next kit up should be a pretty close recreation of the TD-4 Kit No 1; V-Compact. Any body who has upgraded from a TD-4 to a TD-9 might miss this kit, so watch this space.Roland-TD9K2X 0004 Small.jpg

Cheers.

Jason
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Jason Serrano; 08-29-12, 07:25 AM. Reason: Added image of extended kit, and details of next TD-9 kit

Comment

Alan I just saw this and downloaded some of these kits on my compact flash card that I formatted for the TD-20X.

The card works good as I used it for downloading my custom kits onto it then took those and put them on my MAC, then put them on a flash drive (Thumb drive) that I had to use for the Roland v-drum competition in Miami last wek.

So, this morning I put some kits on this flash card, and tried to import them into my TD-20X and I got a display screen that said it was empty ....

what am I doing wrong?

Should I re-format the flash drive?

Thanks for any help.

Bean

Comment

It could be anything. Wrong folder? Not importing properly? Not scrolling to see the backup? Bad naming?
          Alan
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I am not sure either .....????

What should the card display on my MAC for it to be correct?

I see a TD folder - TDW2BK01.TD0 - for my competition last week.

I see - 50 User kits.td0

I see - Rod's Turbo Charged...Kits.syx

The message I get on my TD-20X when i attempt to import is NO DATA

Alan I am not very smart at all of this, so please excuse my lack of knowledge, and thank you very much for the reply ..!!

Comment

Originally posted by Beanster View Post

I see - 50 User kits.td0

These file names are the problem. The TD-20X cannot recognize random file names. Read this for more info on the proper file naming convention: http://www.vdrumlib.com/save_td0.html

The location of the files is also important, the TD-20X only looks in one folder -- Roland/TD. So, if you put the files in the wrong folder, the TD-20 will not see them.

-SD-

Comment

Thank You SD !!!

Comment

SD I put them in the TD folder and went to import them and they are still not present ....????

It says "NO DATA" on my TD-20X screen.

Very Frustrating.

Comment

SD I put them in the TD folder and went to import them and they are still not present ....????

It says "NO DATA" on my TD-20X screen.

Very Frustrating.
                    Did you name them with the correct naming format to identify them as un-expanded TD-20 backups? You can only IMPORT un-expanded TD-20 backups. If they are actually TD-20X format, then you need to use the LOAD option and the appropriate file naming format since IMPORT will not work on expanded TD-20 backups.

-SD-

Comment

BTW, these are TD-12 files. Your TD-20X has no idea how to use them. The only way you can use this is if you use VDrumLib to convert these from TD-12 format to TD-20X format. See this link for more info: http://www.vdrumlib.com/convert_kits.html

-SD-

Comment

Ouch.

I do NOT have vdrum Lib and my Mac will not open the trial version .... geez ...

Comment

Ouch.

I do NOT have vdrum Lib and my Mac will not open the trial version .... geez ...
                          It's only 20 bucks....pony up.....you'll be glad you did.
                          8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
                          http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

20 bucks is nothing, did not know that.

Thanks Furlmr

Comment

20 bucks is nothing, did not know that.

Thanks Furlmr
                              hehehehe......no problem.
                              8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
                              http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

One more question ..... if I were to buy into the vex expressions packs, does the vdrum lib come with any of those?

Comment

Working...
                                X