Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VKitTransEX, Patches will not load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VKitTransEX, Patches will not load

Finally have run VTransKitEX and I'm happy
    to say I have a connection. Downloaded a couple of patches and none of them would
    load. Are there specific patches ONLY for
    TDW-1, or do they work on td-10 and td-1.
    I'm getting an incompatible file error when
    I try to load them. However, Like a moron,
    I did not delete the CFG you are supposed to
    before running for the first time. Does that
    have anything to do with it. Midi card is
    Digi001. Is that possibly the problem?

Thanks for all members help.
    Jayman

Originally posted by jayman:
    Finally have run VTransKitEX. Downloaded a couple of patches and none of them would
    load. Are there specific patches ONLY for
    TDW-1, or do they work on td-10 and td-1? I'm getting an incompatible file error when
    I try to load them.

I did not delete the CFG you are supposed to before running for the first time. Does that have anything to do with it.

Midi card is Digi001. Is that possibly the problem?

Thanks for all members help.
    Jayman
    The patches on this site are TD-10 patches, not TDW-1. (same extension on both) Some have had success loading them on the EX version, others have not. On those I tried, I had ~ 90% success. Some had missing settings, some were trashed, some wouldn't load (check sum errors).

NOTE: To load these patches on your expanded TD-10, you must use the old software (which can be downloaded from vdrums.com patches page). If you use the new VkitTransEX software on the old patches, you will get an error message.

There is no cfg file when you unzip the program. The first time you execute the program, cfg files are created. I believe if you delete them, it will create a new one the next time you open the program.

A word of caution. The first time I used the software, I did a bulk save. When I did the bulk load, it trashed everything. I had to recreate a dozen kits from scratch. Not pleasant. I bought a mem card after that. If you don't have a mem card, and you have some valuable custom kits, I would recommend doing a single kit save and reload. If it works, save all your custom kits as single kits. Then try a bulk save/load. If you don't have custom kits, do the bulk load. If it fails, reinitialize.

My experience is all single kit saves have worked flawlessly. I use it all the time for saving different variations of a kit or to save excess kits I might want later.

I have a second computer P300 with SB PCI-128 sound card and it won't communicate with it no way, no how. I spoke to Lee once about it but we didn't pursue it since I got an old 486 with SB-16 card to work. Other's couldn't get it to run right. I think Cyberjam was one. Soundcard, PC, settings all could have something to do with it.

I am sending you a TDW-1 saved file to test your software.

[This message has been edited by Boingo (edited February 12, 2002).]
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Thanks boingo. Will try uploading that test
      kit. I'll let you know how I make out. I do
      have a memory card so I'll back up some of my custom Kits. Appreciate the warning.

Thanks again,
      Jayman

Comment

This is related to my other post. Apparently the program is not creating any CFG files the first time it runs. Hmmmmm.

Can I get a copy from somebody? Obviously I'll hafta edit the file but that won't be a problem.

scott
        TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Working...
        X