TDW1 upgrade question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDW1 upgrade question

Hey guys, I just bought a V-Session with a TD10 and TDW1 which I put in myself. Now here's the question, I know that data is lost when I update the flash rom in the TD10 etc... the question is, do I need to bother saving and transfering data etc if I HAVEN'T used any of it before, i.e. I have no saved custom kits etc...
    I presume I will lose the 50 preset kits, but then I will get newer (better?) kits anyway, and in any case will be able to modify and create my own.

So, do I bother transfering them, it is a hassle as I have no memory card or means to do it yet.

Thanks v-much
    Alex
    Alex Gingell
    V-Session TD10
    Pearl Powershifter Eliminator

Congratulations Alex. You are the 1000th person to ask this question.

The TD-10 kits are still there. Learn how to use the copy function (page 117 of the TD-10 manual) to copy them from the "preset kit area" into the "user area". Also see page 6 and 7 of the TDW-1 manual. Use of the search engine will yield several detailed replies on this topic. Believe me, it's been covered.

If you didn't tweak the TD-10 kits, there is nothing to save to a card or transfer. The preset TD-10 and TDW-1 kits are in ROM, always available to copy to the user area.

I always recommend holding off on installing the exp card until you get a chance to listen to the TD-10 kits and see which ones you like. Later, after evaluating the TDW-1 kits, you can overwrite the worst TDW-1 kits with the best TD-10 kits. Of course, you can do it the hard way if you like.

If you read the fine print when you signed on to this site, you must be aware that you owe me for answering this question. You really didn't think these answers were free did you? So as payment, you can ship your V-cymbals to me. I will be in touch to make shipping arrangements. Don't worry, I'll let you have my PD-9's and 7's as replacements.

[This message has been edited by Boingo (edited November 04, 2001).]
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

[This message has been edited by digitsone (edited November 04, 2001).]

Comment

ok master. what is your address?

seriously though, I did do a brief search but nothing direct came up, so I got impatient...thanks for your patience though.
        Alex Gingell
        V-Session TD10

Comment

OK just for the search engine's benefit let's use some key words here!

upgrade

tdw-1 tdw1 td10

kits

lost

gone

where

help

Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

yeah thanks, I sorted it out a while ago.

Out of interest is there any way to record yourself for longer than 99 measures ?
            Alex Gingell
            V-Session TD10

Comment

If you can record yourself for 99 measures, I'll be impressed. The memory usually runs out before then!
              You can however, slow the time signature right down (say to 40) and play at normal speed (equivalent to double time etc) which should record you for longer!
              Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Working...
              X