Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VKitTrans Beta... any comments yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VKitTrans Beta... any comments yet?

I just got home from a trip and have not tried the new VKitTrans Beta yet but plan to if I have time to play with it this weekend. Anyone else with a beta copy tried it yet. Comments? Glad Lee is back with us....
    TD-10xp
    Hart Acupads & Cymbals
    (Gigapro Set)

Hi
    Yes I have had a go and it would appear that Lee has got it spot-on.
    I could find no fault... as yet.
    I have done the deed and reset the TD10,then reloaded the system. This also worked thankgoodness.

I guess that Lee is still adding to the software as I have not heard from him for about 2 weeks, OR He could be waiting for some more time to pass before releasing the new version of software, OR not all Beta testers have sent comments back.
    But it works..
    Many thanks Lee for all his hard work
    Gavin
    TD10 exp, BBE and the rest of the toys

Comment

Only one beta tester has given the thumbs down. That user can run other MIDI software and do bulk dumps etc. no prob, but has a terrible time with VKitEx. Close but no kewpie doll yet.

That system is:
      PC : Compaq with AMD K6II @ 300mhz, 160 MB ram
      Midi: Guillemot Maxi Studio ISIS (only the TD-10 is connected)

I think the OS isn't the problem, but the AMD and the Guillemot may be.

We have made progress but I still cannot get it to work correctly. I'll be working on it at least another week I bet.

More later!

Comment

I wanted to add that this seems to be an all or nothing situation.

If VKitEx works, it works.

And when it doesn't, you know it big time - stuff like system freeze, illegal access violations, and application lockups.

I think the illegal access violations are history now, I had to change some low-level midi stuff to clear up that mess - but the hurdles remaining I think relate to API calls and the system clock.

Comment

Works great!Wish someone had a program to tweak all the internal parameters of the TD-10 like D4man did for the Alesis D4

Comment

Hey Dramelot
            I am an old D4 and DM5 user and still have both modules. I never heard of the D4Man whats it all about.
            Rob

Comment

Hey, Zigs:

Here's where I downloaded it from: http://www.nowopen.com/zorch/d4winb.html

It's pretty nifty. Hope this helps!

[This message has been edited by Mick Wade (edited April 01, 2001).]
              TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

Pretty neat Mick.
                Thanks, Rob

Comment

Hello.....Hello .... Lee how is the program progressing?
                  Are you close to a formal release yet?

Gavin
                  Gavin
                  TD10 exp, BBE and the rest of the toys

Comment

Well I was hoping to do more with it, but it looks like it will end up as the some ol' tired VKitTrans, except fully functional with the TDW-1 expansion. How the expanded expansion cards will work with it, I don't know...

Hopefully the final release will be within a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee:
                      Well I was hoping to do more with it, but it looks like it will end up as the some ol' tired VKitTrans, except fully functional with the TDW-1 expansion. How the expanded expansion cards will work with it, I don't know...

Hopefully the final release will be within a month.
                      Lee,
                      same old question, but will there be a Mac version someday? My wife wants her PC back
                      If I could code I'd probably volunteer, but I'm as thick as a brick when it comes to code...

Stu

"Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

I can only do plain sysex dumps for the Mac - you'll need a Mac application that can send sysex out to the TD-10.

I hope to have both Vkit and plain sysex files of all kits uploaded here.

Comment

So what's the latest version of VKit Trans? The version here on V-Drums.com is dated 1999, v1.0.0.1, and there isn't anything I can find in the help file about a web page.

Is there a VKit Trans home page?

- DocRND

Comment

That's the latest 'official' release, good only for the 'unexpanded' td-10. The version for the TDW-1 expanded TD-10 is still in beta.

Comment

LEE:
                              What sort of problems are you having with the ISIS and AMD?

I'm sure you are aware that the Guillemot ISIS generally hates to be connected to a motherboard with a VIA chipset?

See: www.maxistudio.com
                              groups.yahoo.com - (maxistudio group in there somewhere).

Comment

Working...
                              X