TD-10 Org. Patches needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-10 Org. Patches needed

I got the new TDW-1 Expansion card for my TD-10 and was so excited, I installed it without saving my old kits. So now when I need those old presets, I cant get them. I've looked at roland's site and can't find much on the TD-10. Can someone help me?

Originally posted by Ty:
    I got the new TDW-1 Expansion card for my TD-10 and was so excited, I installed it without saving my old kits. So now when I need those old presets, I cant get them. I've looked at roland's site and can't find much on the TD-10. Can someone help me?
    First I'd complain to Roland about not getting a manual with your purchase hint, hint . Second I would use the search engine hint, hint . (well, maybe not for just this particular topic - it got kind of confusing) Third, your "customized" original kits are in LaLa Land. Fourth, the original TD-10 pre-set kits are still there, either reinitialize or, better yet, learn to use the copy feature. Fifth, let us know if you still need help.

Oh yeah, I usually forget my manners... Welcome aboard.
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Hi Boingo,
      First I would like to thank you for taking the time to be helpful. Hope I can return the favor someday someway.
      When I got the TD1 Expansion I was under the impression that I would now have a total of 100 preset kits instead of 50. When I installed the board I still only have 50 presets. My original TD-10 presets are gone.
      In the manual it states the following " the preset drumkits of e TD10 can be loaded after the upgrade has been performed, so it is NOT necessary to save them. "

This seemed perfect to me as I don not have a PC or memory card to save them to. I did not have any edited kits that I felt could not live without so...I figured when I installed the new card I would simply have 100 preset kits instead of only 50.

No where did I read in any advertisment or review for the card that the old presets are available only if you have a memory card ...if that is the case I am going to be really diasppointed.

You mentioned that the TD10 factory kits are still in the TD10? Where are they and is it possible to access them? Do you need to have a memory card to have 100 presets? and if so, is a memory card standard issue when you buy a TD10 new?

Thanks for all your help Boingo.

Comment

Ty,
        I'm not at home where my kit is, but I'll try to help you out. If I remember correctly you simply go to the copy function and you can then scroll through 150 kits. The 50 from the original TD10 the 50 from the TDW-1 and the 50 in the user area. You can copy into the user area any of the original TD10 kits to access it. When you made your upgrade all the new TDW-1 kits were put into the user area. You can copy them back and forth at will, but remember that any changes you may have made to a kit will be lost when you put it back into the user area. You will notice also that the TD10 kits that were named "Kit copy" have been replaced and are gone forever unless you create them from scratch. Hope they weren't your favorite kits.

Comment

Working...
        X