PC-Midi Flyer Help for MIDI Moron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-Midi Flyer Help for MIDI Moron

Just purchased a MOTU PC-MIDI Flyer and I'm dying to try and run the VKITRANS program. The results, to date, have been less than "plug and play".

I select "Flyer A" as the IN and OUT in VKITTRANS and its gives me the dreaded "** NO CONNECTION YET **" error message.

Other posts indicated that the process was pretty painless to get this all to work. I'm new to MIDI (read "Moron") and need some help here. Could somebody walk me through the drill about how I get this to work?

Hey Schuh Man:

I had the same frustration after receiving that message numerous times. The thing that I forgot was that "IN" for the sound card should be hooked up to "OUT" of the TD-10. And, consequently, "OUT" for the sound card should be hooked up to the "IN" of the TD-10. Don't ask me why!

Also, I hooked everything up while the TD-10 was off. After hooking everything up then booting up...presto! It worked. Good Luck.

MattS
    WMP

(Weapon of Mass Percussion)

Comment

I just wanted to add to this that the same thing happened to me, I had an older Sound Blaster card and hooked up the midi interface cables to it and came up with the same error until I reversed the cables. Now I have marked the cables so that the "In" is now the "out" and visa-versa .

Comment

I just wanted to add to this that the same thing happened to me, I had an older Sound Blaster card and hooked up the midi interface cables to it and came up with the same error until I reversed the cables. Now I have marked the cables so that the "In" is now the "out" and visa-versa .

Comment

CaptKidd

Thanks for posting your message. I have tried for some time to get my Sound Blaster AWE64 sound card to work with the TD-10 and Lee's Vtrans utility. No luck until I read your message and decided to switch the cables. Now it works perfectly

One note for those that follow. I purchased my midi cable from Sound Blaster. My connection works with the cable marked "In" plugged into the TD-10's midi "In", and "Out" to "Out".

Also, most of Sound Blaster's legacy cards use the game port for a shared midi in/out port. Don't assume it won't work because you don't have a dedicated "In" and "Out" port. You won't get much help at Sound Blaster's web site. Just mess around and try different things to get it to work. Don't give up as easily as I did.

Sam

Comment

Schuh Man,

I have the same eqipment as yours since 1999. I have to download the latest midi driver from their web site to make it run in windows 98.
            E-mail me if you need extra help, I can go over the instalation procedure again to try to help you.

Comment

Working...
            X