Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Td12 Users - Exotics Is Completed

Hello everyone. Chris from VEX here.

I've owned the TD12 for about 7 months now. I have incorporated it as my "MAIN" live gigging rig module. I didn't have the "BOLZ" so to speak to " midi transfer" all my gigging kits and make room for some VEX work..... I was afraid I'd lose some key components. Midi-Ox just works beautifully!

Finally, I did it!

EXOTICS on the TD12 is SUPERB!

I am offering the Exotics with 5 more kits than what you find on the TD20 version. So a total of 15 kits for $20. Well worth it!

These 5 kits, simply put, are the best sounding and playing V drums kits I've ever programmed! While I have them on my 20 as part of the future Program 3 release, they came across better on the 12! I'm so thrilled you guys will be able to have these sets!

The five are:
    1. Tama Starclassic Exotic Series: Limited Edition Chestnut - different tones
    (this is the most beautiful drum wood I've ever seen - I thought I had seen it all - Nope.......However, they don't sound like they look )
    2. Custom Made New York State Apple Tree drum set- killer tone
    (not much to look at - real knotty - but the sound was terrific!)
    3. Custom Made Vermont State American Elm drum kit - my all time fav!
    (amazing tone and tambre - super deep sound from normal sized toms!)
    4. Gretsch Mid 60's open jazz kit - jazz all the way!
    (this is the best jazz kit ever built and designed - the benchmark for jazz kits)
    5. Ludwig Superclassic Acoustic set - AWESOME!
    (This set was the best selling drumset of all time until the Pearl Export knocked it out)

So, there's a bonus for all TD12 users buying the Exotics I guess! I totally love my TD12 and will soon start transferring a pack that includes the best Acoustics from the TD20's P1 and P2 xp packs.

Sorry I've been neglecting all the TD12 users out there.

Alan should have the Exotics up and running on the VEX site in the next day or so.

Thanks for your support! Remember - these Exotics kits are very HOT for Volumes and Compression - so turn down your monitoring rigs at first to get adjusted to the deep, earthy tones! The kick drums will MOVE you! The toms are Thunderous!

Guys, I should have this page on the site by Wednesday... in the middle of completing the manual and pages now...
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by fiddlebak
      EXOTICS on the TD12 is SUPERB!

I am offering the Exotics with 5 more kits than what you find on the TD20 version. So a total of 15 kits for $20. Well worth it!

These 5 kits, simply put, are the best sounding and playing V drums kits I've ever programmed! While I have them on my 20 as part of the future Program 3 release, they came across better on the 12! I'm so thrilled you guys will be able to have these sets!
      Originally posted by amonline
      Guys, I should have this page on the site by Wednesday... in the middle of completing the manual and pages now...
      AWESOME! Can hardly wait to try them out.

Originally posted by fiddlebak
      I totally love my TD12 and will soon start transferring a pack that includes the best Acoustics from the TD20's P1 and P2 xp packs.
      This is great news. Keep us posted.

-SD-

Comment

This pack is now up!

TD-12 users rejoice!

More to come? Most likely...
        Alan

Comment

Sound goooooooooood!!! the gretch is amazing
          A-kit:

E-kit:[B]

Comment

Anyone heard the Ludwig kit yet? how does it sound?
            How does it compare to the "RINGO" kit on the T50D sets?

Comment

My 2 cents from a rookie drummer's point of view...

The Sonor Babinga Kit is definitely my new No 1. Very warm and natural sound. In can not comment and how near it is to the original source, but itīs really a great sounding kit. There are a lot of other good kits as well (like both of the Tama Starclassic Performer sets or the Premier African Mahogany).

I didnīt like the Gretsch Kit too much. The Peter Erskine Kit from the Top 50 Drummers collection is a much more convincing kit for me when it comes to Jazz. As I donīt know the original configuration of such a 60' Open Jazz kit... why is the Gretsch the only one that doesnīt contain a cymbal sound on Aux2?

Another thing I really didnīt like (although it might sound just like the original) is the bass drum sound on the Pearl Masterworks. Sounds too soft and undefined to me... like somebody put too much reverb and loudness to a bass drum... nothing for me.

Overall the 15 new Kits are worth the 20 bucks. The sounds are very different and represent a broad range of different A-Sets. The downside may only be that - if you (like me) plan to own an A-Set at some point in the future but do not yet have one - you get spoiled and want to have one of thexe exotic kits ;-)

Regards,
              Christian

Comment

ARe these the same as the Exotics that I just bought for my TD20? I do not have a Sonor, Gretch, etc....at least they are not labeled that.
                Roland V-Pro TD20 expanded with V Expressions
                Presonus Firepod
                Reaper
                Acoustic- Spaun drums, Dunnett snare & Paiste Signature Series Cymbals.

Comment

Exotics

I think we only got 11 kits with the TD-20 exotics pack, I am kinda bummed about that but I love the Mahogany kit so I feel better. I wanted to try the NY Apple and some of the ones for the TD-12 but will have to wait to see them in another expansion. Overall cant recommend the Exotics enough simply put, Exotics made the module into what I expect, perfect.

Just my 2 cents. TK
                  www.EDrumForum.com Going to be strictly a DIY e Drum Community

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=198

Comment

I love it as well...Are there features on the TD12 that enabled it to receive the additional kits? I assumed it was the same upgrade...oh well.
                    Roland V-Pro TD20 expanded with V Expressions
                    Presonus Firepod
                    Reaper
                    Acoustic- Spaun drums, Dunnett snare & Paiste Signature Series Cymbals.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Gardner
                      Are there features on the TD12 that enabled it to receive the additional kits?
                      My understanding is that the TD12 pretty much contains the same sound modules exluding a few (probably minor) parameters to tweak. Therefore I would expect the TD20 to be able to cope with each and every kit available for the TD12. However, it seems as if these additional parameters were not key to the transfer of the exotics kits from TD20 to TD12. If this was the case, it would justify the decision I once made (pro TD12 and contra TD20).

Regards,
                      Christian

Comment

The expansions are the same aside from the missing COSM features and reverb effects on the TD-12. Chris had 4 other kits he wanted to add to the TD-12 version as an added "bonus" to the TD-12 owners. They are 4 (or 5) kits from his future 20EXP pack. (minus the new EXP features and sounds of course)
                        Alan

Comment

The Vermont Elm sounds great, I'd love just to have the snare!

Comment

Some of the best sound I have heard from this group, When I heard what he did for the TD-20 I knew he would do something great for the TD-12. Just plain ass AWESOME

BigDog

Comment

Boy, all these fantastic reviews have me salivating

I've bought the exotics but haven't had a chance to load 'em in yet...
                              On YouTube: Playing Drum'n'Bass live with TD12 and SPD-S: Gig in Budapest
                              With TD20-KX on SoundCloud
                              Now sporting a TD30KV kit....
                              "Trust Me, I'm a Professional"

Comment

Working...
                              X