Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V Expressions Ltd - 3 Brand-New TD-50X Expansions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V Expressions Ltd - 3 Brand-New TD-50X Expansions!

3 Brand-New TD-50X expansions are now available to kick off 2022!

Check them out at www.vexpressionsltd.com

Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Best wishes for 2022!

That are some mighty good sounding kits! Listened through most of them already and will do this again with better headphones later today and will pick them up them up after that (most likely).

What a cool way to kick off the new year!
    Cheers,

Roland TD-50KVX / SPD-SX / SD3

Comment

Yup! Thank you for the kind words!

Make sure to listen with the same monitoring you do at the kit. Recordings are from the Master Outs... same as HPs.
      Alan
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I've already bought all 3! thanks Alan!!!

Comment

You sneaky guys! I thought Arsenal was it for a short while, but these new ones are a pleasant surprise to see! Will make a purchase very soon!
          I've been drumming for 43 years... I'm 42 years old.

Comment

Sounds great! Are the octobans layered with internal sounds?

Comment

You may have to email Chris to verify, but I believe he used an internal sound for the head, and his personal sample for the rim/rimshots. I played through the pack during testing for him, but I cannot remember exactly how he set those up. Most other samples were layered in the sub… mostly kicks. IIRC.
              Alan

Comment

Purchased Armory - really digging a lot of the Artist kits in particular. Alan when you talk about the two additional processing styles Mix and Master, which parts/section of the module control those aspects? Or is it not so much the actual button and setting adjustments but rather concepts and just using various settings to achieve those two styles?

In your YT video on Armory you talk about the buses and stuff. If I need to go rewatch it and pay closer attention which would answer the above, by all means please let me know!

PS - completely off-topic but I would love one day if Roland allows us to apply more than one MFX to a single instrument like you can in real-life in a DAW!
                Trip McNealy
                Registered Member
                Last edited by Trip McNealy; 01-05-22, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Several settings control the overall results in the difference between MIX & MST versions. Instrument compression and Master compression settings are the main two differences. There are slight differences in the Ambience area and MFX as well… very small tweaks. In the Artists kits, all this is far more unique across the kits.

So, it’s as if I had clean drumbus mixes, and then chose to master through about two more stages to reach the final “mastered” sound. Of course, I’m embellishing more at the instrument and master level to overcome those true additional missing levels/busses you would have at a real DAW.

Totally agree about the MFX. I really wanted to add saturation on the snares as well, but reverb took precedence.
                  Alan

Comment

Thanks Alan - that all makes sense. Can't wait to dig in some more!

Comment

Working...
                    X