Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metallica drum sound on Roland TD11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metallica drum sound on Roland TD11?

I have a Roland TD11 and I've been trying to get the Metallica Black Album sound for awhile but I just can't figure it out is there anyone who can help me or know of someone who can help?

Originally posted by lp72 View Post
    I have a Roland TD11 and I've been trying to get the Metallica Black Album sound for awhile but I just can't figure it out is there anyone who can help me or know of someone who can help?
    The TD11 is tough, since it has very limited samples and does not allow transient editing or sound layering. You can probably get close on the kick in terms of low end and muffling, but you will certainly not get that clicky attack which defines the sound profile of the album. The snare and toms are unlikely, but you can try! At least Lars does not use many cymbals... Newer modules like the TD17 have a big advantage for creating custom sounds, for sure. When you step up to the TD27 or TD50X, you can do anything and everything in sound-craft, including adding the actual samples from the album, if you like...
    Owner of Bangkok Drum: Creator of Thunder Custom Kits
    Be nice! I am a girl.

Comment

Just play the BFD pack Chocolate Audio "The Black Album Drums"
      The Software Drumming Forum - tips & tricks + discussing drum samplers

Comment

Hmmm yeah, the TD-11 can be tough for that drum sound. You could check out Drum-Tec's expansion pack, Alternative/Metal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErQgt4hdLq0

The Tama Thrash Fat kit is pretty close.

Drum-Tec has an expansion for the TD-17 that is literally named, "Mr. Sandman" on their All-Star Edition pack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zumrrgRxJUE
        Last edited by OKJames; 11-12-21, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X