Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V Expressions Ltd - 50X Arsenal Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ardrummer292 View Post
    Just uploaded Arsenal into my TD50X. I haven't messed with it much, but I like what I hear so far. I did notice a distinct lack of obnoxious pingy snares (think Cherry Ply), which have always been my preference. I'll need to do a little poking around to figure out how to get one to mesh with the rest of the kit.
    Just take some of the muffling off. Be sure to check the sub-layer as well.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post

Just take some of the muffling off. Be sure to check the sub-layer as well.
      I did mess with the muffling a bit. The sub-layer thing will take a bit more research, since I'm not very familiar with all the functions in the module.

I may have fallen in love with the Cherry Ply snare after playing on the stock sounds for a few days. It's delightfully over the top, and fits right in with Chad Sexton's snare sound as used with 311.

Comment

Originally posted by SS396 View Post
        I think we'd all rather you spend time on the next pack!
        Or maybe the next video? I certainly wouldn’t mind an “Arsenal kit builder for dummies” tutorial, offering pointers on copying instruments into other kits as well as offering insight into design inspiration for the instruments themselves.

Comment

Yeah... about that. My interface started having issues Friday. Bad noise issue. Definitely something interior, as I ruled out all external possibilities and interference. I just heard back from Roland earlier today. I have to send it off for repair. So, I'm going to do one quick video of a basic editing tutorial (and quick "how to load"), and then I have to send the unit to Roland. They haven't told me how long it's going to take yet, but the artists tutorials are going to be delayed now. I ordered a new interface Friday night, but I don't want to blow a grand if Roland fixes this one.

So, yeah... the first/next video will be about how to edit kits quickly... as was planned.
          Alan
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I posted the first "basic editing" video last night, but YouTube didn't add it to subscriptions for some reason. You'll have to go directly to our channel to get to it. I'm trying to figure out if there is a remedy to fixing the sub notification.

This first was was an "extreme" rock tutorial. I will do a "cleaner/drier" version as well.
            Alan

Comment

Working...
            X