Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VDrumLib not reading TD50x kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VDrumLib not reading TD50x kits

Hey folks—I’ve benefitted from the information on this forum for years, and this is my first post.

I’m running a preposterously large kit using a TD50, TD30, TD20 and a Yamaha DTX Multi 12 through a Yamaha mixer.

I’ve upgraded the 50 to the X, and like everyone else I’m eagerly awaiting Alan’s Vex expansions for the module (I’ve installed multiple Vex kits on both the TD20 and 30, and I’ll join the chorus of praise for Vexpressions here—it’s absolutely essential for anyone using Roland Modules).

My question: when I’ve tried to load the stock TD50x kits onto VdrumLib, I get an error message saying that I can’t load TD 20 kits onto a 50.

The pull-down module tab on VDrumLib is set to the TD50, the SD card is formatted correctly. I’ve had a lot of experience with VDrumLib, but only using the TD30 & 20, so I must be stupidly missing something obvious. Perhaps VDrumLib isn’t compatible with the 50x upgrade?

I’ve searched the forum without luck on this issue, so does anyone have any ideas? I’d be grateful for any suggestions, and in any case many thanks to the moderators and users of this forum—it’s a wonderful resource.

Originally posted by BSquared View Post
    Hey folks—I’ve benefitted from the information on this forum for years, and this is my first post.

I’m running a preposterously large kit using a TD50, TD30, TD20 and a Yamaha DTX Multi 12 through a Yamaha mixer.

I’ve upgraded the 50 to the X, and like everyone else I’m eagerly awaiting Alan’s Vex expansions for the module (I’ve installed multiple Vex kits on both the TD20 and 30, and I’ll join the chorus of praise for Vexpressions here—it’s absolutely essential for anyone using Roland Modules).

My question: when I’ve tried to load the stock TD50x kits onto VdrumLib, I get an error message saying that I can’t load TD 20 kits onto a 50.

The pull-down module tab on VDrumLib is set to the TD50, the SD card is formatted correctly. I’ve had a lot of experience with VDrumLib, but only using the TD30 & 20, so I must be stupidly missing something obvious. Perhaps VDrumLib isn’t compatible with the 50x upgrade?

I’ve searched the forum without luck on this issue, so does anyone have any ideas? I’d be grateful for any suggestions, and in any case many thanks to the moderators and users of this forum—it’s a wonderful resource.
    I don't think it's compatible with the TD-50X. It's also not compatible with the TD-27, so maybe there's something about these newer modules that doesn't pay nice with that software.

Comment

Originally posted by MJB View Post

I don't think it's compatible with the TD-50X. It's also not compatible with the TD-27, so maybe there's something about these newer modules that doesn't pay nice with that software.
      I pinged to them last fall and they said something to the effect, that they did not have a TD-27 yet and that access to the specifications for data structures etc.. that is necessary, Pretty sure that the same is the case for the TD-50X, although much of the groundwork has already been done.
      Last edited by ToDaMax; 06-02-21, 12:02 AM.
      The Glass Is Twice As Big As It Needs To Be....

Comment

Thanks guys—hopefully there’ll be an update to VDrumLib which will allow it to work with the 27 & 50x. Glad to hear I wasn’t missing something painfully obvious.

Comment

Just sent an email to Vdrumlib support to get some idea if they plan to release an update for the TD-50X, I'll share the response when it comes in. Hopefully, they'll get something out soon.
          The Glass Is Twice As Big As It Needs To Be....

Comment

Sounds good. I haven’t had much success getting email responses from them, so let us know if you hear anything. Maybe you’ll have better luck!

Comment

Ken is a very busy man. He runs another company and flies all over the world for it. Lend him some patience. If you think your email got buried after a week, drop him another.
              Alan
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Alan—I’m not insulting Ken. I’ve used his product since it’s early days and have purchased many versions. But fact remains that, over the years, none of my email questions have received replies. I figured that, as you say, he’s busy and running VDrumLib without a staff of 20 people. Which is why I posted my question.

Comment

Who said you were insulting him? I simply posted some information so others can understand why replies may be slow. I guess, in some cases, forgotten. Thus, the reason I said, “drop him another.”
                  Alan
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Gotcha. I misread your tone when you said “lend him some patience.”

Comment

Working...
                    X