Td17-if you were to buy one custom pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Td17-if you were to buy one custom pack

I haven’t got the money at the moment to splash out on several packs, I play mainly indie/rock/metal, so out of the edrumworkshop/drum tec/vex what would be the best bang for your buck?
    A2E fusion kit with Jobeky dual triggers, A2E low volume cymbals with TD17 module.

I’ve never used DrumTec packs so I can’t be very objective. I would get some good headphone and listen through their packs. I’ve done that as well, and I almost invested in a DrumTec pack. However I elected to spend the money on a second VEX pack (Designer). I have both Designer and Series3 from VEX. I recommend both but if I had to chose one I would choose Designer.
    TD-17KVX (Snare = PD-125BK, Tom 1 = PDX-100, Tom 2 (Head zone only) = PDX-12, Tom 3 = PDX-12, Tom 4 (Rim zone of Tom 2 split via female splitter from drumsplitter.com) = PDX-8, CY4 (Aux) = CY-5, Combo VEX Series 3 And Designer. Alesis Strike Multipad with Alesis RealHat pedal and Boss FS-6.

Comment

Nice one, thanks for the input
      A2E fusion kit with Jobeky dual triggers, A2E low volume cymbals with TD17 module.

Comment

After using many (all excellent) vex packs for a td 20 I bought the drum tec accoustic pack for my new td17.
        30 kits although really only 15 repeated with reverb. I only use 3 of them for live work. The sounds are excellent compared to anything I could do or indeed the roland sounds. I.m sure the vex packs are equally good. Drum tec has an excellent demo of all the kits. ( use headphones)
        That convinced me. ( maybe something for v expressions to think about?)

Comment

What genres do you play? Thing with the drum tec demos, the guy is so good he could play pots and pans and would still sound great.

Comment

I’m edging towards the drum tec all stars pack, has a little bit of everything, Pantera/Metallica kit for metal, Queens of Stone Age kit for rock, whiplash jazz kit, weckle kit etc etc

if Vex had a masters pack like it does for the 11&15 I would have got that straight away instead of window shopping all the others

Comment

I have the Drum Tec Live Edition that comes with the TD-17 module when purchasing with them.
              I like it, however I never tried others to do an actual comparison.
              I have watched the Youtube video from Drum-tec showing the live edition for the TD-17 and it sounds really close to what I have in my drums (using good sound card and headphones) so I would assume that the other demo videos will also sound very close to what will be in the module.
              Last edited by ronaldobf; 10-30-20, 09:45 PM.
              Ronaldo B.

Comment

I have the Live Edition and the Classic Rock edition both for TD17, I like them, but am curious wether the other ones are really different, does anybody know?

Comment

Working...
                X