Drum-Tec Live Sound Edition for Mimic Pro now available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum-Tec Live Sound Edition for Mimic Pro now available

The Drum-Tec Live Sound Edition for Mimic Pro is now available to buy separately:
    https://www.drum-tec.com/live-sound-...9zOBuj3EdEF2hQ

FINALLY they started doing this! I might check this out!
    Live Rig: Under Construction!
    Studio Rig: Pearl Mimic Pro | Pearl ePro A2E kit | ATV-Roland-Yamaha cymbals | Customized MDS-20 rack | ATH-M40x phones

Comment

The drums sound great. Not so sure about the cymbals based on these samples.
      ATV aDrums Artist expanded kit, Mimic Pro. Ludwig 1967 black oyster pearl five piece, Zildjian A custom crashes, A. Zildjian ride and hats.

Comment

Purchased this last night. I have to say I'm not all that pleased. The first thing that irritated me was that there are really only 18 kits, not 28, since the first 10 kits are duplicated with a cowbell on the tom rims. There were a couple of kits that spurred the purchased, notably the Pearl Biggg and Ludwig Phat, but when I loaded them they sounded wimpy and flat - I really had to boost the volume to get any kind of semblance of the sound I heard in the demo video. The Gretsch 6 ply kit just sounded bad, as did the Weird Acrolite. I know they put a lot of work into this but I'm afraid I was disappointed. I did purchase the eDrum Workshop's Snare Drum Elements pack, for a much more reasonable $10, and that has truly allowed me to transform the sound of the snare. Very pleased with that one!
        Acoustic: FrankenKit - Late '60s Slingerland Kit, Ludwig snare and floor tom, add-on Pearl toms, Zildjian, Sabian and Paiste cymbals. DW5000 double pedal.
        Electric: Roland TD-25 for snare, cymbals and bass, Alesis DM-10 with Bluejay sounds for toms. Variety of Roland pads for cymbals and drums.

Comment

Originally posted by jnorris View Post
          Purchased this last night. I have to say I'm not all that pleased. The first thing that irritated me was that there are really only 18 kits, not 28, since the first 10 kits are duplicated with a cowbell on the tom rims. There were a couple of kits that spurred the purchased, notably the Pearl Biggg and Ludwig Phat, but when I loaded them they sounded wimpy and flat - I really had to boost the volume to get any kind of semblance of the sound I heard in the demo video. The Gretsch 6 ply kit just sounded bad, as did the Weird Acrolite. I know they put a lot of work into this but I'm afraid I was disappointed. I did purchase the eDrum Workshop's Snare Drum Elements pack, for a much more reasonable $10, and that has truly allowed me to transform the sound of the snare. Very pleased with that one!
          this pack ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4fUes8_t6U eDrumWorkshop also vdrums forummember

Comment

Yes, that's the one. It allows you to add a nice ring to some of the dryer Mimic sounds.
            Acoustic: FrankenKit - Late '60s Slingerland Kit, Ludwig snare and floor tom, add-on Pearl toms, Zildjian, Sabian and Paiste cymbals. DW5000 double pedal.
            Electric: Roland TD-25 for snare, cymbals and bass, Alesis DM-10 with Bluejay sounds for toms. Variety of Roland pads for cymbals and drums.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words about the eLements pack!

On topic - it's a shame that you've not enjoyed the drum-tec kits. From the demos they sound decent (though anything that Ralf plays sounds amazing).
              They're maybe not pushed as far as I'd personally like them to be but but they sound pleasant - if that somehow didn't translate to the playing experience though, that's a bit of a kicker. I've always found it fascinating how the feeling of playing eDrums can differ so much from the sounds themselves.
              The eDrum Workshop | YouTube

Comment

Same feeling here
                I think a lot of the flatness is due to the mixer settings
                I already asked about that on Facebook but no answer
                These kits are made for live use hence they turned off all eq and compression
                Perhaps that.s why it sounds flat to us and certainly not comparable to the video demo.
                Robert

Comment

Working...
                X