X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland TD-17 Rock Classics Sound Edition: Custom Kits by drum-tec

Anyone tried this yet??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyYnp4JCIP8
    Last edited by Whagi; 03-13-20, 11:25 AM.
    Roland TD-17 KVX - iMac 27" i9 16GB - Universal Audio Arrow audio interface via Thunderbolt 3 - Superior Drummer 3 - Komplete Ultimate 12 - Logic Pro X.

No one?
    Roland TD-17 KVX - iMac 27" i9 16GB - Universal Audio Arrow audio interface via Thunderbolt 3 - Superior Drummer 3 - Komplete Ultimate 12 - Logic Pro X.

Comment

I am also interested to see if these kits are worth it.

I have recently purchased the the Real-Acoustic edition, so I was wondering if it the Rock Classics are much different.

Comment

I was thinking about this pack after listening to it several times on YouTube. I bet it is nice and would be a solid pack. However about the time I almost got drum tec pack I saw VEX designer pack was released. So I got that to go with my VEX Series 3 Pack and I’ve been very happy.

I will say 65 drums has a video on YouTube in which he mentions drum tec live sounds being great on TD-17. I trust 65drums so that almost pushed me to do it, but I couldn’t figure out if real acoustic and/or the classic rock edition had the same snare samples from the live edition (the free pack you get when you buy a drum tec branded TD-17 module). If anyone knows I would be interested to know. 65drums seemed to say the live sound edition made the TD-17 a real contender for more serious applications.

that being said I would recommend the VEX packs for TD-17 with no reservations.
        TD-17KVX (Snare = PD-125BK, Tom 1 = PDX-100, Tom 2 (Head zone only) = PDX-12, Tom 3 = PDX-12, Tom 4 (Rim zone of Tom 2 split via female splitter from drumsplitter.com) = PDX-8, CY4 (Aux) = CY-5, Combo VEX Series 3 And Designer. Alesis Strike Multipad with Alesis RealHat pedal and Boss FS-6.

Comment

Hello Guys I own 2 of the drum sounds addon from Drumtec and they are amazing,The only one I didn't get was the Metal drum kit,
          It filled my TD-17 to the max in sounds, No more room.

Picture of my new kit I am building. I am upgrading all the TD-17 drums to custom shells and Rim triggers and they work amazing, I will have it done by this weekend, 2 more toms coming and some Drumtec mesh heads and rim silencer.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 2 photos.
          Last edited by lespaulman67; 06-23-20, 01:02 PM.

Comment

will your 2 new toms also be snares?
            Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

yes I have them stripped down to look like toms.

I have 3 Drum Tec mesh heads and 3 rim silencers coming this week. They work great with the rim triggers.
              Last edited by lespaulman67; 06-23-20, 01:08 PM.

Comment

This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

how are you mounting them to the rack?
                  Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

this comes with the awesome clamp system already

Comment

So here is the rest of the toms for now. I have new triggers for them also.

Comment

Working...
                      X