Bonham settings for TD11-KV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonham settings for TD11-KV

Someone had a post on here for settings that mimicked Bonzos kit on a TD11KV. It was very detailed. I can no longer find that post. Can anyone help?

Did you try the VEX Masters Vol. 1 and 2?...several Bonham-style kits in there, although I can't vouch for their verisimilitude (sound great on my TD-11 though).
    Roland TD-11: PD-105 snare, PDX-100 toms (3); CY-13R ride; CY-12 crash; CY-8 crash; KD-9 kick; Iron Cobra HP900 kick pedal; VH-10 hi-hat; Iron Cobra HH605 hi-hat stand; Simmons DA200s monitor; Sony MDR-7520, SRH750DJ, ATH-M50 headphones; AD2; VEX Apex, Sync, Boost, Masters 1-2; Drum-Tec LA Masters, Real Acoustic Sound Editions

Comment

I don’t know what that is. Is it something i buy somewhere?

Comment

Sure. it's VEX Expressions, as many people on this forum will tell you, including Alan Vex himself. Just Google it. Basically, it's an online company that creates drum sounds for your Roland electronic kit that are designed to replace the sounds already in your Roland module. Roland makes very good hardware, but the stock drum sounds in the module when you buy the kit are kind of ho-hum. The VEX ones can be downloaded for very little money (say $30 or so). They are easily swapped out (although the original sounds still remain in the module). You can preview the sounds on the VEX website. Probably the best thing you can do to your TD-11!
        Roland TD-11: PD-105 snare, PDX-100 toms (3); CY-13R ride; CY-12 crash; CY-8 crash; KD-9 kick; Iron Cobra HP900 kick pedal; VH-10 hi-hat; Iron Cobra HH605 hi-hat stand; Simmons DA200s monitor; Sony MDR-7520, SRH750DJ, ATH-M50 headphones; AD2; VEX Apex, Sync, Boost, Masters 1-2; Drum-Tec LA Masters, Real Acoustic Sound Editions

Comment

Ok after some reading I bought the Boost pack. I’m hoping it really lights up my kit, which it seems like it will. Thanks for heading me in the right direction. I’m not a long time e drum guy so it’s pretty new to me. Plus I’m a computer illiterate. Gradier, I see you have a Simmons DA200S. I do too. I really like it but wish it didn’t weigh so much. It’s a back breaker for sure.
          Last edited by Banjo bud; 02-12-20, 05:33 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Gradier, I see you have a Simmons DA200S. I do too. I really like it but wish it didn’t weigh so much. It’s a back breaker for sure. [/QUOTE]

Well, I don't move mine anywhere, just keep it in my drum room/office/music room. I just turn it on when there's no one home but me (because using headphones for edrums is great, but you miss that real 'thump.') I think you will like the Boost pack; it's the one I mostly use, and it sure beats sitting there trying to fine-tune drum sounds by yourself in the module. The only thing to be aware of is that if you load up all the kits at once into the module, thereby replacing the stock kits, you should check into Menu>System>Pad Settings to see if the pad settings still match your actual pads. E.g. if the pad setting says 'PDX-100' make sure you have that pad sitting there cos a mismatch may affect the sound quality. Easy to select the right pad with the dial.

Comment

Got it. Thanks Gradier.

Comment

I found it!!! It was on YouTube!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r47c61CAmfI

Comment

Working...
                X